cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activation Code request - 6821 IP Phone - How do I get this?

rpearson
Level 1
Level 1

Recently purchased a Cisco CP-6821-3PW. Requires a 16 digit "activation code" before I can use\provision it. Where or how can I get this? Phone was purchased new (I hope) via Amazon Business (Cisco Store). Is this code something that comes within the packaging? 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rpearson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for the replies. I got it figured out. Particularly due to my oversight....You can get to the IP setting to provision without needing a code, by simply pressing the hot key for settings, at which time you can move forward. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

To what a telephony system do you want to connect it to?

In case of Webex Calling, you administrator can generate an activation code. It is used by the activation server to make the phone finding your configuration. All your settings like extension, blfs etc. will be pushed to the devices.

I will be connecting to the Cloud PBX provider, RingCentral. I am the user and System Admin. Additionally, this phone was not purchase through RingCentral, so I will need to provision it myself, which is fine, but it appears I cant do that until I get beyond this activation code portion. This model phone is compatible on the RC platform. 

Thanks!

Please check and share the model number of the phone from the back of the device. Very likely you don’t have a phone with MPP software, but Enterprise.

Response Signature

The activation code will only work with Cisco call control platforms such as Webex Calling. You will need to manually configure it for RC via the web page.

The 6800 series only support MPP firmware. It’s not running CUCM/CME enterprise firmware.

Yes you are right, I missed that Thank you. 

Response Signature

rpearson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for the replies. I got it figured out. Particularly due to my oversight....You can get to the IP setting to provision without needing a code, by simply pressing the hot key for settings, at which time you can move forward.