Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Activer Schedule

I have a user that doesn't want voice mail to answer during duty hours, but only after hours.  I've built a schedule and made that schedule active on the directory number but the voice mail still keeps answering.  I've tried the closed transfer rule and what not and I still can't get the voice mail to stop answering on his line during duty hours.  If you respond please dummy it down as much as possible as I'm new to Unity and VoIP.  Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Because calls come into CUCM and then forward to CUC conditionally, what you are describing can't be configured in CUC alone.

If the user wants his calls to roll to voicemail only after hours (and during duty hours ring endlessly on his phone), then the configuration will need to be made in CUCM using Time-of-Day Based Call-Routing. (Where the DN would be in a partition active during duty hours, and the same number in a different partition is associated with a CTI Route Point that forwards the call to VM any time the duty-hours partition is not active.) Additional programming would be needed on the directory number. This programming would have all of this happen automatically.

However, the 'easy button' for this task would be the following:

1. Configure the directory number without call forward to voicemail for any circumstances (uncheck the boxes on the DN forwarding unanswered or busy calls to VM).
  2. At the end of duty-hours, have the user call forward all to voicemail.

Would either of these solve the issue?

Maren

As @Maren Mahoney wrote you’ll need to do this in CM with time of day routing. I would however done it slightly differently than what Maren wrote, I’d do the ToD routing in the call forward stage instead of on the directory number itself. That way you don’t need to muck around with multiple DNs and you’ll get a in my opinion a cleaner way of doing this. For the setup I’m suggesting you create a partition with a time schedule to dictate when it’s available. The TS should be defined to include any out of duty time period. Put this into a calling search space where you put the PT with the TS before any of the other PT(s) that doesn’t have a TS. This is important because the order of operation in a CSS uses the order of the PTs as the tie breaker when there is an equal match between two or more routing options and you’d want to have your PT with the TS to have the highest possible match preference. In the PT with the TS setup the routing to send the call to voicemail and none of the other PTs that are in the CSS must have the option to send the call to VM. With this you should be able to control during what time calls would go to VM and when not. This said for clarity the CSS tie breaker that I described before wouldn’t be at play in the setup that I outlined, but I wanted to include it for completeness of how time of day routing operates in CM.

Response Signature