Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Directory number into CUCM 11.5

mushantat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Something strange I've never seen it before , when I try to add Ext Directory number into CUCM 11.5 and once I finished from typing the extension the page got refresh and viewing range of directory , it asking to enter Directory number as range from XXXX to  XXXX and the following appears in the header of this page:

Directory Number Configuration

"Directory Number Configuration has refreshed due to a directory number change. Please click Save button to save the configuration."

please find the attachment 

I  just finished from the migration from CUCM8.0 to 11.5 , is this a bug in 11.5 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

I have seen this in multiple CUCMs. Don’t quite sure in which version. Basically you can add with a range. Let’s say if you want to add a single extension, you can add that same number as starting and ending range

Like 1000 to 1000

"Directory Number Configuration has refreshed due to a directory number change. Please click Save button to save the configuration."

This behaviour is documented in some of the admin guides. With CUCM 10’and 9 it was documented as a bug. Below is the info..

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo74599

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

I have seen this in multiple CUCMs. Don’t quite sure in which version. Basically you can add with a range. Let’s say if you want to add a single extension, you can add that same number as starting and ending range

Like 1000 to 1000

This behaviour is documented in some of the admin guides. With CUCM 10’and 9 it was documented as a bug. Below is the info..

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo74599

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

The business about the "Directory Number Configuration has refreshed" is a deliberate behavior and one that you want CUCM to do.

What is going on is that when you attempt to create a new DN, CUCM needs to query the database to see if that DN/partition combination already exists. If it does, CUCM will populate the screen with whatever information it already has for that number. This means that after you enter the "new" DN and move to any other field on the page the query will occur against DN/<none> and the page will be refreshed. Then, when you enter a partition for the number the query will occur against DN/<partition> and the screen will refresh again.

*After* the queries are complete is when "Save" is appropriate. Whomever submitted the bug that Ratheesh mentioned did not understand the behavior. It's not that the information needs to be "saved twice". It's that the database must be fully queried before a "Save" will be successful.

In the case of creating a DN range, if one or more DNs in the range already exist CUCM will inform you so that you do not overwrite existing DNs.

Maren

I am not trying to add DN range , I am trying to add normal DN to the cisco SIP phone 8861 but the page automatically change and redirect to another page which show me DN rage and even if I added DN (for ex 2000 to 2000) it doesn't associate this DN to the phone , this DN (2000) will be only appears in Call Routing -->> Directory Numbers and still I don't know why!!

Are you:

• Clicking on the "Add a new DN" link on the left side of the page of the 8861 Phone Configuration page.
  • Entering a DN.
  • Clicking away to any other field (which will cause the query refresh).
  • Selecting a partition.
  • Clicking away to any other field again (which will cause the query refresh again).
  • Clicking Save.

The above is thing I think you are attempting to do.

If, while you are on the DN configuration page, you click the "Add New" button you are taken to the DN creation screen, and DNs created there are not associated with a phone. This is what I think you are experiencing.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: