cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add prefix 9 for incoming calling number of missed call only.

qilin zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I am wondering how to add the prefix 9 to incoming calling number of missed calls only, not the calling alerting number on the phone screen. For example, the local user 472 2001 calls our DID 482 3001 along with the calling number 472 2001 on the dialed phone screen, if I missed this call, in the directory missed call I can see 94722001.

I know I can add the prefix in the field incoming called party subscriber prefix on the gateway page, but when I do this, all of the calling number information show 9.

Thanks,

Kirin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are tuning CUCM version 7 and later you can achieve this as per bellow

Prefix the 9 as desired to the calling number as you did

Create a calling number transformation to match any calling number stater with 9 "9.!"

then discard pre dot in the calling number transformation

Give this calling number transformation a new partition let's call it P1

Create a new CSS call it C1 for example that contains P1 partition

Assign this CSS to the phones in the calling number transformation CSS on the phne settings

This will take effect for the calling number during dining stage

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03trpat.html

Hope this help

If helpful rate

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are tuning CUCM version 7 and later you can achieve this as per bellow

Prefix the 9 as desired to the calling number as you did

Create a calling number transformation to match any calling number stater with 9 "9.!"

then discard pre dot in the calling number transformation

Give this calling number transformation a new partition let's call it P1

Create a new CSS call it C1 for example that contains P1 partition

Assign this CSS to the phones in the calling number transformation CSS on the phne settings

This will take effect for the calling number during dining stage

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b03trpat.html

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Did this solve your problem, I am interested in the same thing?

If I understand you correctly, you would like to only change the missed calls/placed calls on your phones without changing the digits?

If you have an PRI, you can use this translation rule to change calling ID only on inbound calls:

Translation pattern to modify Caller ID to add a 9

voice translation-rule 1
Rule #  /match/ /set/
(^.= Match anything begining with any number)(*= one or more digits) tranlasate to (9& = Take whatever is in the match phase and plug it in here)

rule 1 /^.*/ /9&/ type subscriber subscriber (subscriber = ton(Ton=Type of number) value local area)
rule 2 /^.*/ /91&/ type national national (national = ton value long distance area)
rule 3 /^.*/ /9011&/ type international international (international = ton value international area)

##################################################################################################################################

Config t

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /^.*/ /9&/ type subscriber subscriber
rule 2 /^.*/ /91&/ type national national
rule 3 /^.*/ /9011&/ type international international

voice translation-profile INBOUND_PSTN
translate calling 1

voice-port X/X/X
translation-profile incoming INBOUND_PSTN

Let me know if this helps.

John

John the original poster wants to present the calling number of the incoming call without the 9 but in the missed call to be with 9

So the above config will do the prefix only

To hide this 9 during the riming stage you have to do the suggestion I provided above using calling number transformation

Hope this help

Ok great, I am always learning new ways to do things with CUCM.

Cheers

U'r welcome :)

Hi Marwanshawi,

I did what you told me, but when I use the calling number transformation CSS to phone, the missed call information will also display the calling number which 9 is removed.

Thanks,

Kirin

Hi,

Without the leading 9

What do your missed calls show the calling numbers starting with ?

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Are you sure the 9 is being prefixed at first place to the calling number ?

Are using h323 iOS translation rule to do the pre fix or gateway level settings for incoming calling number ?

9 is added under H323 gateway using Incoming Calling Party Settings in the subscriber number prefix, and removed using the calling party number transformation on Phones. So after completing the above configuration, the calling number on the phone screen will display without 9 and missed calling number with 9, is that right? But I find 9 is dropped not only calling number but also missed calling number.

Anything else I missed? I notice that Phone and H323 gateway are under same device pool which has same calling party transforamtion CSS. Because Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS is selected under gateway configuration page, will the gateway drop the 9 using the Calling Party Transformation pattern first?

Thanks

Kirin

If you are using the CSS on the device pool level and the gateway is using same device pool them this is the issue

You can uncheck the check box use device pool CSS for the incoming calling number in the gateway settings pge

Because this will lead to remove the 9 ad the gateway level

But I your case since the 9 being prefixed in the h323gateaay level then nothing has to be change in the gateway setting in CUCM

Hope this help

Hi,

I am wondering if this feature is phone-type-depend? Currently I am using 7960.

Kirin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

It should be ok

Just make sure you set it up correctly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: