Views
Helpful
Replies

adding 7811 phones to CME on ISR 4321

rajkamath
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I been trying to add 7811 phones to CME 14 on a 4321 ISR router. Tried using the usual ephone-dn  and ephone (#) way, but 7811 doesnt show up as a type . creating voice register pool with 7811 gives error. Found this in some of the forum entries. Is this the new way to add the phones and extension. Do i do this for each telephone. So Voice register dn1 , dn2 etc and voice register pool 1, pool2 for the total number of devices to be added. 

Also 

the line 

< number 1 dn 1> does that change. 

so i have about 26 7811 devices with DID range 200-226 to be configured.  Many thanks

voice register dn  1

number 208

name Petter D

!

voice register pool  1

busy-trigger-per-button 2

id mac 5067.AEE3.866B

type 7841

number 1 dn 1

cor incoming GSM default

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is not new, but are for SIP phones. In CME you configure SCCP and SIP devices in two distinct ways. Look through the CME documentation, it is well described there.

In short a voice register dn is the equivalent to ephone-dn and a pool is equivalent to a ephone.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

It is not new, but are for SIP phones. In CME you configure SCCP and SIP devices in two distinct ways. Look through the CME documentation, it is well described there.

In short a voice register dn is the equivalent to ephone-dn and a pool is equivalent to a ephone.

Response Signature

It may also depend on what IOS/IOS-XE version you are running. If it is older you may be running CUCME v10x or earlier which does not support the 7811. There was a way to add unsupported phone models in SCCP CME, but I'm not sure if that is possible in SIP CME.

Maren

hello

how can add an unsupported phone model in sip cme?!

Hi,

Just treating it as third party phone.

Here is an example of third party phone in CME

voice register pool 1
id mac C074.AD62.2583 
session-transport udp
number 1 dn 1
incoming called-number .T
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
voice-class codec 1
username 1000 password Cisco123
no vad

voice register dn 1
number 1000

After that remember to go to voice register global section and issue the “create profile “ command 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

MBahaa
Level 1
Level 1

hi 

the type of 7811 not found to choose it 
can i create this model in router ?

HI,

Which ios version are you running?

Let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Hi 

thanks for your response 
the router is 2800 and version 15. 

Hi,

sorry but 2800 Router are aldready in EoL since around 13 years ago

The latest CME Version on that platform is 8.0 and it does not support 7800 that was released on 2013.

The only way , in my opinion, to add that model , is to convert them to a 3PCC phone but this would require a further license.

My suggestion is to start to think to an hardware refresh even because many things have changed in 13 year even in security aspects.

Let me know if you need further info.

Regards

Carlo