Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a temporary license to call manager

pa_slepko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We inherited a phone system that was out of compliance - as in the former regime went over on licenses for the Call Mangaer and didn't use the compliance period to correct the problem.  We have been able to get a temporary license in order to correct the issue, but I am being asked if the we import the license is it going to replace the existing one?  And if that is the case, do we need to backup/export our existing license?  And how?  I didn't know the answers, so I am asking them on this forum.  We use Cisco Prime License Manager Version: 11.5.1.13900-52.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I dont think you need to backup the existing license as it will stay in PLM. You can go ahead and install the temp license and within the expiration period of that, try to purchase additional required licenses and install.

HTH

Rajan

View solution in original post

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Install the license and then solve the problem (buy more licenses or delete devices)

The temporary licenses just makes you compliant for 30 or 60 days

JH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I dont think you need to backup the existing license as it will stay in PLM. You can go ahead and install the temp license and within the expiration period of that, try to purchase additional required licenses and install.

HTH

Rajan

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Install the license and then solve the problem (buy more licenses or delete devices)

The temporary licenses just makes you compliant for 30 or 60 days

JH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: