cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding prefix to missed calls not working for 3905 phones using calling party Transformations

Hi

We are using CUCM 12.5 with SIP VG. I have added the calling party transformation pattern to prefix 9 for the incoming local calls & assigned the CCS under the "Incoming Calling Party Settings" under the SIP Trunk.  And also created another "calling Party Transformation Pattern" to strip off this 9 and applied the CSS under the device pool level.(This is to display the calling number on the phones as 8 digit). For 7800 series phones when we go to the miss call list we can see the number with prefix 9 & user able to dial this back. But for 3905 phones the missed call showing as 8 digits only without the prefix 9. Some where I read this miss calls are showing from the CUCM DB. Is there any limitation for this on Phone models?

Thanks and Regards

Sulfi

4 Replies 4

Not an answer to your question about limitation for this model, but why don’t you simply add the 9 in the gateway with a voice translation rule?

For example this would likely do for you.

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /9\1/

voice translation-profile PSTN-IN
 translate calling 1

Add this in the inbound direction to your inbound dial peer from your provider.

Response Signature

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I would strongly agree with Roger, adding the prefix on the gateway will safer/easier.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi George /Roger,

Thank for you solutions to make the changes on voice gateway using the translation patterns. But I

have found this an issue with the 3905 phones. It stores only the number which is displayed on the screen not like the 79XX & 78XX series phones, which can display as localized number but the missed call list can  seen with prefix 9 . To resolve this I have created a new device pool  for 3905 phones without the calling party CSS which we use to strip the 9 .So the transformation pattern  applied under the gateway trunk will take effect and can see the numbers  displayed   with prefix 9 and also the missed call list with prefix 9. This met my customer requirement.

Regards

Sulfi

Glad to hear that you where able to get this working. Yes those older type phones do have this limitation, it’s not just the one that you have, this also applies for 79x0 models.

Response Signature