Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding users and extensions to CUCM / BAT Alternative

At the moment we add many new users to our system (CUCM v7) every day.  We have two ways of doing this either adding the details manually or using BAT but both are very time consuming.  With BAT we require 6 different csv files for the UDP, User, CUP User, CUP phone and two to update the line apperance.  This takes time to create the files plus uploading and running the files.  Is there an easier way of adding this information to the system?

I was hoping for a basic webpage that we can just enter the information such as name, ext number etc and then the system would generate, upload and process the BAT files in the background.  Does anything like this exist?

Thanks

Nicholas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not natively, you would need to develop your own AXL scripts if you want this to be easier.

More info here:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager  (CallManager)

Programming Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not natively, you would need to develop your own AXL scripts if you want this to be easier.

More info here:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager  (CallManager)

Programming Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the advice.  Looks rather more complicated than I was hoping for.  I'm sure there is a market for an interface that sits over the one in CUCM.  Anyway...I'll give it a go.

Hi

There are applications out there for provisioning. I don't really have an opinion on any of them to be honest, so I'll just suggest the Cisco one - UPM (Unified Provisioning Manager), though there are lots of third party ones. Basically any such solution will require comparatively more work up front in order to define all the templates, business rules and so on that you need to ensure it behaves correctly.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7125/index.html

If if were doing this for a company I worked for directly, I would go down the custom software route. Most management applications of this type in my opinion are too expensive due to the sheer number of scenarios and flexibility required to make them a viable product. If you have a good grip on exactly what your scenario is something custom would probably work out a lot cheaper.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!