cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Settings PIN Access

Jeffrey Becker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to restrict access to 88XX phone settings on all devices, accessible to select users via PIN or other credentials.  I imagine a user with admin settings access permissions logging into a device would be the method; however, we don't currently employ a user profile hierarchy for our endpoint devices, so I do not know well the features of device profiles.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeffrey Becker
Level 1
Level 1

After some experimenting, having the Common Phone Profile set up with a Local Phone Unlock Password and with Settings Access set to Enabled allows the desired behavior.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

you could set the parameter "settings access" to "restricted" in the phone config page or in the common phone profile.
This restricts the access to user facing feature like ringtone, background, ... but doesn't show settings like network, security, ... anymore.

In the common phone profile you can also set the password under "Local Phone Unlock Password", to unlock the phone settings.

Setting the common phone profile to Restricted settings does display the settings that I want end users to have available, but I see no way to enter the PIN to access Admin Settings.  Is there something else I need to enable?

Jeffrey Becker
Level 1
Level 1

How do I prompt the phone to ask for a password to unlock access to Admin Settings?

Yes, to no effect.  No prompt or anything comes up.  Device profile's Settings Access is set to Enabled, Common Phone Profile is set to Restricted with Override Enterprise Settings checked, and Local Phone Unlock Password is configured.  

Jeffrey Becker
Level 1
Level 1

After some experimenting, having the Common Phone Profile set up with a Local Phone Unlock Password and with Settings Access set to Enabled allows the desired behavior.