cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow another 7841 to connect to a line in use

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

We have a lab environment that went from one analog line and 3 bridged phones to 7841 sets. Frequently, they would require two phones to be off hook talking amongst themselves and the call made on the line. The analog phones of course allowed that. The 7841s all just have the same line. I doubt it, but is there any way to allow another set to connect to the active line when in use? I'm thinking they'd need a 2nd line and have to implement a conference call, which I know won't go over well. 

I know this is apples - oranges, but old TDM systems by default allowed that even with digital phones, or if 'Privacy' on a line was set by default, a 'Privacy Release' key was available to allow another phone to connect to the active line. I wonder if there's such a feature or something similar in CUCM System version: 15.0.1.11901-2?

3 Replies 3

as far as i know,
cisco VoiP systems does not allow to do what's you want..
old Analog systems are different from new VoiP systems..

you must feature of "Silent Monitoring" or "Whisper Coaching" which is available on Cisco Contact Center solutions like UCCX,PCCE,UCCE..

>> my Telegram id: @morez_hadi + if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful)

Yes. the old and new systems are quite different. For this particular customer, new is a significant disadvantage. I didn't think there was a similar option. We want to keep this as simple as possible, so CCX and Silent Monitoring" or "Whisper Coaching" are not options. nor would they accomplish what's necessary. The intent is for a conversation of all parties. Thanks for the reply though. Ideally, they'd have an ATA and the previous analog phones. I did offer a 2nd line and explained the conference feature for now. which I think isn't that much of an inconvenience. 

Hi dear @SteveK066 
Hope you are well
and Thanks for update 
it's very good that you handled the situation with customer & find out proper solution for them ^-^

>> my Telegram id: @morez_hadi + if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful)