Views
Helpful
Replies

Another Corporate Directory display issue

Camélia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone;

I do have a Corporate Directory issue, only on all my 7965 and 7975 phones witch are showing " host not found " message, 6921 are working well.

I have in my cluster two CUCM subsribers and one publisher, one of the subscribers is pingable but not reachable on it's web interface.

I red about similar issue on forums, did try to deleate ITL file on one phone and perform a factory reset , witch gave nothing.

I also deleted the secured URL Directory, it didn't work either.

the corporate directory under entrprise parameters is already an IP adress ( of the publisher).

BUT, WHEN I CHANGED THE DEVICE POOL OF ONE PHONE IT DID WORK, I DON'T CONSIDER IT AS A SOLUTION BECAUSE IT CAN'T BE DONE ON ALL MY PHONES.

I attemp to perform a manuel reset on the unreachable CUCM before resetting any Tomcat or TVS services, and i'll see.

what do you guys think about this issue.

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks to all for help.

3 Replies 3

dianareyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Camélia,

I am running into the same issue, we recently upgraded (10.5.2.10000-5) to resolve a bug we were hitting and ever since that upgrade, our CP-7975 are receiving message "Host Not Found" when accessing the Corporate directories.  I was wondering if you have found a resolution to your problem? 

So far I have performed the same as you with the exception of changing the device pool on the phone.  I have done a factory reset, manually added the directory url to a 7975, reset the phone and the issue remains.  Also did a pcap of the phone dialing to another phone just to view output.

We did notice and obtained this from the 7975 phone logs. (Clip of the phone web interface, not pcap) 

SECD: Authentication failed for the HTTPS conn via TVS
SECD: srvr_cert_vfy:  ** srvr cert verify FAILED ** 
SECD: EROR:clpState: SSL3 alert write:fatal:handshake failure
SECD: EROR:clpSetupSsl: ** SSL handshake failed, c:9 s:10
EROR:clpSetupSsl: SSL/TLS handshake failed c:9 s:10
EROR:clpSetupSsl: SSL/TLS setup failed, c:9 s:10
EROR:clpSndStatus: SSL CLNT ERR, srvr
EROR:secErr_errStr:  *** bad err table ***
EROR:secErr_errStr: ** SEC-ERR: code:3(N/A) subcode:9(UNKNOWN_CERT)
EROR:clpSndStatus: ** SEC-ERR: desc <HTTPS cert failed auth via TVS>

Which eventually led me to this Cisco site listed below;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118699-technote-directory-00.html#anc4

I haven't tried what's mentioned on the site yet, just found this tonight.  

Hope this helps!

-Diana

vijitk
Level 1
Level 1

Restarting TVS service fixed the issue for us

eyalraba
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Camélia 

Please note that the Corporate Directory link is configured Device --> Device Settings --> Phone Services. The default URL is Application:Cisco/CorporateDirectory

This will use the primary CM hostname to reach the service when the user attempts to use it, this is why it worked with you when you changed the device pool, seems like that the phone is having an issue with establishing https connection with specific CM server.

One simple test we can do to further isolate the issue is create a test service using the link http://<CUCM_IP_Address>:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectoryinput.jsp and subscribe it to one phone.

For more detailed steps you can refer to the Troubleshooting section in the following document:

Troubleshoot Corporate Directory "Host Not Found" Issues - Cisco