cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application dial rules and Missed calls..

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use application dial rules to add a 9  when someone calls from their missed calls directory? 

Thanks in advance.

Justin

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Justin,

You dont use application dial rules for this. You can use translation pattern to achieve this..

Here is a link that explains how to do it...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Application Dial Rules are used for calls initiated by CUCM services such as CUCM ringing remote destenation in Unified Mobility Setup.

When dialing from directory, this is considered as enduser dialing with difference in how the digits are sent to CUCM (enbloc instead of digit-by-digit).

As aokanlawon suggested, you can use translation patterns instead.

"Please rate useful posts"

Use calling transformation patterns as that is the cleanest and nicest feature for prefixing off-net access code. Basically you run all calls through them so that when the phone rings you see the caller ID as expected without the prefix (as people hate seeing 9 or so in the caller ID), yet when you go to call logs i.e. missed calls you will see the off-net code and can simply press Dial without the need to edit dial.

HTH,

Chris

Chris +5 point for this excellent idea. I have not actually used it before as I always use the xlation pattern method. How do you then configure the xformation pattern..Will you have to use a wild card to capture all incoming numbers? What I like about this is that users see the origally calling num,ber without the prefixed 9...

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sure thing, I think this may be somewhat described in SRND, but in nutshell I configure the ingress GW with 

"Incoming Calling Party Settings" to prefix appropriate digits for local/National/Intl/Unkown calls i.e. 91 for National calls in US assuming 9 is used as off-net access code, then I default the "Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS" and define proper Transformation CSS in DP, then I have corresponding calling transformation patterns such as 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX for National routing that strips pre-dot, this way when call hits the phone it arrives without the 9 as it was routed via the calling transformation pattern, but calling party transformations do not affect call logs, so in call log you see the 9 and dialing works natively.

HTH,

Chris

Great..Thanks Chris.

Chris,

Can you explain what the Transformation CSS should contain?  Is this a new CSS specifically for this function?  or can this be the same CSS as phones and Gateways?  I am trying to understand how this gets triggered and will not affect calls inbound or outbound.

Thank you!

Rebecca

Rebecca,

The xformation css needs to conatin the partion of your xformation pattern. It can be any other css, but it may b e better to have a dedicated css for this..

Sample steps detailed below: adjust to fit your scenario

1. You use the incoming calling patty settings on the gateway to prefix the appropriate digits...ie 9 for local, 91 National, 900 international etc

2. You configure a calling party xformation pattern that macthes each of these numbers eg. 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX. , 9.00!On the pattern you configure it to strip predot..

3. You configure your calling party xformation CSS to have access to the partition of these patterns...You then check your phones to eithe use calling party CSS on the phone settings or use the device pool settings...

Now when the cal comes into your gateway, if it is a national call a 91 is prefixed as you have defined it. Now this 91.XXXXXXX pattern is passed through the calling party xformation pattern an the 91 is stripped before it is presented to the phones. However on the call logs i.e missed calls, the 91 will be there

SIP Trunks...

1.On the incoming calling party settings...Set the CSS that has access to the xformation pattern

2.define your xformatiom pattern for all inbound calls eg 07XXXXXXX, set to prefix 9---at this point the call is globalized..the stored data in cucmdb will be 907XXXXX

3. Next configure a new xformation pattern with 9.07XxxX in a different patition, set it to srip predot
4. configure a new calling party xformation css, that has access only to the new 9.07xxxx xformation..asign this to the phones...here before the call is presented to the phones, the 9 is stripped...hence the user sees normal calls.

-----------

Using a prefix on the Incoming calling party settings with the CSS

calling number 0057000, prefix 9 ==== 90057000

cs xform is applied (pattern configured to prefix 900)....900 is prefixed...so we have 90090057000...this is what is recorded by cucm in DB in missed calls

when the phone xformation is applied , 9 is dropped so we have 0090057000..this is what is seen by the phone

NB That for the CSS to be used you have to uncheck the use device pool CSS..

If you want to use device pool CSS, it is set for sip trunks at the unknown number CSS..NB the prefix on that level doesnt work

--------------Service parameter Incoming calling number prefix--------------

When this is used, all xformation pattern are igonored and the prefix is sent along with the calling number to the missed calls and the phone

I have these settings just as you have recommended and i have verified the transformation pattern is for sure being hit but my missed calls is not keeping the 91.   My CUCM version is 9.1.  Settings is on ingress gw PRIs i have the national number prefix set to 91 and international to 9011.  I have CSS set to one i created called TranformationCSS and within that CSS is the Transformation-PT.  I have created a Transformation pattern of 91.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX in partition Transformation-PT set to drop pre-dot.   What am i missing?

Rebecca

Ensure that the use device pool xformation css is not selected. I cant remember the exact setting but there is a tick box that references the device pool, this is on by default

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: