Helpful
Replies

ARC - Which Call Distribution Algorithm is used for Operator Console

niterid3r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are using ARC Premium 6.X in our environment with CUCM 10.X 

Something which I am struggling to find out is that how calls are distributed between multiple operators assigned to One Queue in ARC and if there is a way in ARC to change that algorithm. 

Regards,

niterid3r

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check the algorithm in "Call connect Configuration"->queues tab->select the relevant queue and check the Distribution Type.

You can refer the following doc:

Page 98

http://www.arcftp.com/ProductRelease/Cisco/Release_6.0/V6.0.1_Arc_Premium_Edition/Installs/Arc%20Servers/Arc%20Configuration%20Manual.pdf

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

-Please rate helpful posts-

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am pretty sure the call gets delivered to the queue and not to an operator, it is up to the operators to grab the call. Unless forced delivery is used, in which case the calls get presented to the various operators in round robon fashion.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Yes Multiple operators assigned to the same queue. 

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check the algorithm in "Call connect Configuration"->queues tab->select the relevant queue and check the Distribution Type.

You can refer the following doc:

Page 98

http://www.arcftp.com/ProductRelease/Cisco/Release_6.0/V6.0.1_Arc_Premium_Edition/Installs/Arc%20Servers/Arc%20Configuration%20Manual.pdf

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

Hi Chakshu,

Thanks for your reply. Since I am running ARC Premium 6.1.1 then I suppose I have Console Connect option instead call connect and view is slightly different. Attached is the snapshot.As

As per the document it says

"If Forced Delivery is selected, the call can be routed straight to an available Operator who has
been waiting the longest for a call, or to each Operator in strict rotation. This setting is individual
to each Queue."

I do not have Forced Delivery selected then what is the default algorithm at this stage? and When i select Forced Delivery it gives me two options Longest waiting and Circular. How can i change the Circular sequence?

Thanks

Hi,

I think it should be longest waiting by default.

For cirular it will automatically distribute calls to attendant who logged in first as the top in the orger followed by next operators logging in, in the order, I dont think we can manage this order like we can in a hunt group in CUCM.

Regards,

Chakshu Piplani

Thanks mate.

The default behaviour I am observing is Circular when "Forced Delivery" is unchecked. 

Currently with 6 operators assigned to the queue calls gets distributed as you said in the sequence Operators are logged in. 

Documentation on ARC has always been very confusing and restrictive. 

Thanks

niterid3r.