Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA-187 Disable / Prevent Speed Dials

Michael Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working with a customer that used a (star) * in there dialplan.

The issue has risen now that they have purchased quite a few ATA-187 for remote locations for analogue phones, because the (star) * is interpreted by the ATA as a local speed dial number rather than pushing the full number the call never gets to CUCM (8.5).

Any ideas or suggestions would be great,

Thanks in advance.

13 Replies 13

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How the ATA interprets * as the local speed dial number ?

If there are 2 route/translation patterns ( starting with * ) available for analog phones, then I'd keep the partition containing regular * pattern ( which is used at all other sites of customer ) up in the order in CSS config. That way, whenever an analog phone dials *, CSS looks into the first partition & finds the regular * route pattern only & doesnt reach to second * pattern. Should work for you.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi,

It seems that I'm unable to change the speed dial prefix key to # unlike the good days of the ATA-186..

I did however find there is a firmware update 9.2.3 that indicates it supports using the star as a replacement for the plus in E.164.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/187/9_2_3/english/release/notes/atarn923.html#wp32015

But I haven't successfully been able to get the update to work in CUCM 8.5

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried configuring SIP Dial Rules in CUCM with * patterns?

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Hi,

Yeah I tried setting up SIP dial rules and disabling the speed dial option in the phone profile but neither worked.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Michael Lee,

how are you doing ?

I have the same thing in the dial plan.. did you have success in using " * " with ATA186 and ATA187 ?

Also, I could notice in ATA186:

- when I have a Speed Dial configured, I dial *1 and it places de call (with those 2 digits *1)

- when I don't have any SD configured, I dial *123 and then I have an error... only in the 4th digit.. why ?

Thank you.

Andrei.

Hi Andrel,

I didn't have any success with using the ATA-187 with the "*" dial plan. But I haven't tried holding down the "*" for 2seconds to see if that worked either.

My customer isn't impressed with the ATA-187s I can see them replaced ever soon..

Regards,

Mike.

If I’m not mistaken, you had mentioned that “*” could be replaced by “#” in the ATA186 as the speed dial access code… How did you do that ?

Thank you.

Andrei.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

What you are seen is Working as Designed. What I would do is configure *115 as a speed dial to 115. And then create a Translation pattern reachable only by the ATA that translate that to 115 back to *115, and then you should match your existing call routing. The problems appears when you have a large block of numbers with an *.

The use of Start is discouraged as it's been historically used by VG224 and ATA devices to signal locally significant dial plan for analog devices lacking softkeys ( you have to use some key right? )

Hi Robert,

I think many of us see the ATA-187 as a design failure, with the ATA-186 you could change the speed dials to use the # rather than the "*" this is not possible in the ATA-187. The ATA-187 is not a direct replacement for the ATA-186 because customers loss functionality.

There are tons of customers out there that use "*" in their dial-plans and there is no replacement for the ATA-186 that is suitable.

The problem with your example *115 is the ATA's only support 100 speed dials so you could never create a speed dial 115.

Star is typically used in customer dial plans as a short cut code rather than entering in a full national number on an analogue phone.

Regards,

Mike.

How can I change the ATA186 to use "#" rather than the "*" for speed dials? That would be useful...

I'm trying to find out, but I couldn't until now...

Thank you.

Andrei.

Hi Andrel,

The ATA-186s where great.. Ok they had a lot of problems with faxes but they are better than the ATA-187.

The section below is from the Cisco document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/186_188/3_0/english/administration/guide/sccp/user.html#wp1017166

Change Your Pre-Call Service Access Code

You can use the default asterisk key (*) or the pound key (#) as the first digit in your pre-call service access code. To change this setting, use Bit 25 of the ConnectMode parameter (see the "ConnectMode" section on page 5-21).

If you download the complete guide it's on page 158 (or A2).

You can change the "pre-call service access codes" e.g. change the *1 for #1 in the speed dials.

Regards,

Mike.

Michael,

it worked !!! Thanks man !!!

But, Cisco document ask to change the 25th bit to (1).. and it didn't work.. .I opened then a TAC .. and I received the 26th bit to be changed.

Cisco document: 0x91000400  (didn't work)

After TAC: 0x92000400  (worked)

Thanks again.

Andrei.

Matheus Lopes
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue when i try to make an intercluster call (*XXXXXX) from an analog phone on ATA187.

I resolved that  creating a translation pattern for #.XXXXXX, with predot + Called Party Transform Mask *XXXXXX and it worked. So from analog phones connected on ATA187, the intercluster calls are completed typing #XXXXXX, but if I type it from an IP Phone the calls also are routed as well.

I hope it works for you guys!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: