Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 192 Adapter

JakeJTNC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've purchased a Cisco 192 ATA Adapter to connect an old bell ringer to a VOIP system. When connecting the Adapter to the network I can see the IP address it's been given through DHCP however I cannot browse to it. I can ping it, but when attempting to browse I get "Unable to connect" as though the web interface does not exist.

I need to disable routing on this adapter because initially I plugged it into the voip network to test and it took out the entire network. Can anybody offer advice? How do I access the web interface of this unit to config it?

1 Reply 1

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

You will need to connect your pc/laptop to the other network interface of the ATA. The 192 works as a router, and will assign a DHCP address to your laptop on the 192.168.15.x range. The ATA address will be 192.168.15.1. 

You can enable passthrough and allow remote connection's to the external interface once you're logged in to it. 

Please refer to page 23 of the admin guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/19x/3PCC/english/admin-guide/at9x_b_ata191-192-admin-mp.pdf