Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA can't register to CUCM after Firmware Upgrade

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have CUCM 11.5.1.15900-18 and ATA 190 with Firmware ATA190.1-2-2-003.

When we try to upgrade a specific ATA 190 with Firmware ATA190.1-2-2-003_SR1-1 by placing it to the "Phone Load Name" the ATA upgrades as we see bellow in the Web Gui but it stops registering to CUCM.

In order to make it register again we need to remove the Phone Load Name and restart the ATA.

Why can't we register the ATA with the new Firmware??

ATA190.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1
The ATA did register after placing the new Firmware to both the MAC addresses of the same ATA in "Phone Load Name".
Searching with the DN under Device=>Phone I saw and upgrade only one device.
Searching with the MAC address I found the 2 devices of the same ATA and updated both successfully.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do the firmware files exist on all your servers (at least the TFTP servers) and have you restarted the TFTP service on all servers after applying it?

The firmware is uploaded in all the servers and all the TFTPs are restarted.

As it seems in the picture the ATA takes the new firmware but it does not register to CUCM.

Check CUCM traces. What it says for registration messages

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1
The ATA did register after placing the new Firmware to both the MAC addresses of the same ATA in "Phone Load Name".
Searching with the DN under Device=>Phone I saw and upgrade only one device.
Searching with the MAC address I found the 2 devices of the same ATA and updated both successfully.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: