cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA will not register with CME

jomar050485
Level 1
Level 1

A user called me that an ATA had failed so they ordered a new one and changed the MAC in CME and it wasn't working.

It turned out, the POTS line was bad so it was fixed. Now, we can't get either (new or old) ATA to register with CME.

I think everything else correct but it never registers. I also don't see any debugs on "debug tftp" and "debug ephone registration".

I do see the xml.cnf files and I'm able to pull the file off the CME.

ephone-20[19] Mac:0017.E055.38A5 TCP socket:[-1] activeLine:0 whisperLine:0 UNREGISTERED
mediaActive:0 whisper_mediaActive:0 startMedia:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:0
IP:0.0.0.0 0 Unknown 0  keepalive 0 max_line 0 available_line 0
Preferred Codec: g711ulaw
Username: edcfax

Here is the interface for the ATA. Everything looks correct to me.

https://imgur.com/a/1qtkB

ephone config:

ephone  20
 device-security-mode none
 mac-address 0017.E055.38A5
 ephone-template 16
 max-calls-per-button 2
 username "edcfax"
 type ata
 button  1:296
!

Any ideas? I'm lost.

6 Replies 6

Your TFTP enabled is set to '0' which means disabled. You need to change it to '1' for ATA to initiate TFTP requests

How do I change it? I haven't figured that out yet. I did a factory reset on both ATAs. I would figure that setting would default to enable if it needed to be enabled.

I think I read somewhere that "TFTP Enabled" was for something else but I can't find much about that setting right now.

Thanks for your help.

Think you have to recreate the CNF files, or do a reboot of CME

JH

I've done both of those! I was even able to pull the tftp file manually. I deleted the ephone, verified the config file wasn't there, recreated the ephone and generated the files and verified the cnf files were created.

The ATA doesn't seem to be reaching out to get the configuration because I don't see any tftp debugging with the ATA but I do see it when I manually grab the file.

TFTP isn't enabled by default on ATA186. Navigate to ATA URL as below to configure it.

http://x.x.x.x/dev

Set the parameter useTFTP to '1'. By default it is '0'. You can configure other parameters such as UCM, extensions, DHCP, etc.

Thanks Mohammed.

That's already set to 1 by default. Or that setting didn't change. It is set to 1. I've set it to 0, rebooted, changed to 1, rebooted with no change.

Any other suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: