cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Standard working on Windows 10 machine?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Does anyone have the Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard (version 10.6 or 11) working on a Windows 10 computer?  I recently had my laptop rebuilt with Windows 10 (fresh install, not upgrade).  64 bit OS.  Previously I was using Windows 7 64 bit.  I had the attendant console working fine with Windows 7, but so far I'm not having any luck getting past the screen where you enter the extension number to sign in on the attendant console with my Windows 10 build.  It keeps telling me "the extension you entered is invalid".   I kept screenshots of my previous installation and login process on Windows 7 so I could make install notes for the others in my group, so I should have this right.  I can only assume there's something about Windows 10 it doesn't like or something about how Windows 10 is configured (maybe).  

The thing is, I can't even get past the entering the ext part, so i don't think it's a license issue, right?  If it was just a license problem, I'd still be able to log in but then I'd get a warning about the license, right?   See screenshots.  This is the screen I can't get past.  Like I said, I had this working fine before on  Windows 7 using the exact same extension/application user.  

UPDATE TO THIS - MARCH 24, 2017:

Cisco finally released a new version that's fully compatible with Windows 10.  I installed it and it works. No troubles:   Cisco Unified Attendant Console Standard 11.0.3.2604 - Release Date 03 March 2017

CUCM version: 10.5.2.12901-1

Cisco apps installed:

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Laura Newport
Level 1
Level 1

I know it is a little late to reply to this, but I just ran into this problem myself today and managed to get the Attendant Console working on a Windows 10 machine.

I had a similar situation to the OP.

CUCM version 10.5 - Attendant version 11

Working perfectly on Win 7

Upgraded (not a clean install) to Windows 10. 

Got error message as the OP did - "Your extension is invalid"

From here - I installed CiscoTSP version 11.0.1 and chose to upgrade TSP from version 10.5 and rebooted the machine as asked at the end of the install.

When the machine rebooted, I checked all of the settings under the TSP Configuration file to make sure everything was as it should be.

Restarted the Attendant Console and I was able to log in as I had previously done before the Win 10 upgrade.

I also installed this on another PC in our office. I installed the Attendant Console v.11 and TSP v.10.5 on a Win 7 PC.

After the install - Attendant Console loaded, but was missing all directory information.

Rebooted the PC and I was met with the "Your extension is invalid" message.

Upgraded TSP 10.5 to version 11 and rebooted the PC.

After the reboot checked TSP Configuration file for accuracy.

Reloaded Attendant Console and everything was working as it should.

I hope this can help someone else who is working with a Win 10 machine.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hey

I have not used it on Windows 10 but I did find that I had to restart the CTI process on the CUCM node sporadically after I made changes, may be worth a shot.

Thanks

I just tried that since it couldn't hurt and it still doesn't work.  I still can't get it to accept my extension/directory number.  It keeps telling me - The extension you entered is invalid.

I looked through the install guide one more time to verify the roles assigned to the access control group settings and everything else.  

The application user isn't locked by chance is it?

I presume the only change you have made from where this was previously working before was upgrading to Windows 10, there were no other environment changes?

Nothing changed on the CUCM side but I did go ahead and delete/recreate the application user account and it still didn't work.  

I do think it's a Windows 10 issue though because I never even saw the prompt for the license on the attendant console until this afternoon when I had the idea of trying to run it in compatibility mode.  But I'm back to the same problem again with it not recognizing the ext I enter as valid (even though it is).   

Anyway, if someone did find a trick to make it work, let me know :-)   Otherwise I'll just have to wait until a newer release is available that officially supports Windows 10.  

Simple things first I suppose; checked the firewall on the PC to see if the program is allowed? When you  recreated the app user (probably did this, might as well ask) did you make sure the phone was associated to the app user?

If you want, you could post some logs from the client so we can see if there is any other errors thrown.

Windows firewall is turned off and our anti-virus firewall for my machine is off for now as well.  I did make sure the devices were re-associated with the application user when I recreated it.

I may try reinstalling it now because when I try to check the TSP config I'm getting a Windows error saying something about the MFC application has stopped working.  Ultimately, it's not a big problem if it doesn't work.  I just wanted to see if it would in case I run across a Windows 10 user that needs the console.   I think we're safe for now because the regular users are not being moved to Windows 10 until sometime down the road a bit.  For now they'll stay on Windows 7.

Ok, I give up (for now).  :-)   When I look at the TSP settings, the only thing there for my application username is the A (should be Attendant-1 as the name).  I reenter it again and click ok but if I go look at it again, only the A is there.  Something is really wacky so I'll have have to wait for the officially compatible version for Windows 10.  

I was able to get it working on Windows 10, here is what I did.

1. Configure TSP as usual using the CiscoConfig executable
  2. Export the following registry key:
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Cisco TSP\Cisco TSP001
  3. Replace HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20 with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the exported .REG-file
  4. Import the .REG file
  5. Set Permissions for the new key (I used Everyone:Full but this is too much, I hadn't time to figure out what access rights are really needed)
  6. Create a new folder "certificates" under "C:\Program Files\Cisco\CiscoTSPx64"

and give Administrators, Users, and SYSTEM modify access.

If you have a Firewall enabled, make sure you have a rule to access to Call Manager

If you see just an A in the registry, leave it as the account will work fine (Just check the tsp connection and the account should be there.

This post helped me get it working https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12578151/tapi-driver-not-working-anymore-worked-windows-81

Thanks,

Gavin

Thanks.   I'll have to give that a try when I have time.  I just wish they'd release an update to the console that works for Windows 10.  But maybe they decided to discontinue this product.  I don't know.

Ok.  I was hoping it would at least work in compatibility mode somehow.  Often something is not 'officially' supported but still works ;-)   Might not be the case in this instance.  

Laura Newport
Level 1
Level 1

I know it is a little late to reply to this, but I just ran into this problem myself today and managed to get the Attendant Console working on a Windows 10 machine.

I had a similar situation to the OP.

CUCM version 10.5 - Attendant version 11

Working perfectly on Win 7

Upgraded (not a clean install) to Windows 10. 

Got error message as the OP did - "Your extension is invalid"

From here - I installed CiscoTSP version 11.0.1 and chose to upgrade TSP from version 10.5 and rebooted the machine as asked at the end of the install.

When the machine rebooted, I checked all of the settings under the TSP Configuration file to make sure everything was as it should be.

Restarted the Attendant Console and I was able to log in as I had previously done before the Win 10 upgrade.

I also installed this on another PC in our office. I installed the Attendant Console v.11 and TSP v.10.5 on a Win 7 PC.

After the install - Attendant Console loaded, but was missing all directory information.

Rebooted the PC and I was met with the "Your extension is invalid" message.

Upgraded TSP 10.5 to version 11 and rebooted the PC.

After the reboot checked TSP Configuration file for accuracy.

Reloaded Attendant Console and everything was working as it should.

I hope this can help someone else who is working with a Win 10 machine.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for updating this thread my friend! It's this kind of awesome follow-up that keeps CSC great!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Everyone!!!!

Love this discussion and yes I have the same issue.  CUCM 10.5, CUAC standard 10.6.0.1872, and Windows 7 wanting to become 10.  We have skipped upgrading the computers that have the CUAC, but now it is an issue.

I have about 35 CUAC users, so I have a couple of questions:

How do you upgrade the TSP 10.5 to version 11?

Is the TSP upgrade done on the machine itself - hope so?

Will upgrading the TSP affect the Window 7 users that have CUAC 10.6 and TSP 10.5?

Your help would greatly be appreciated.

Melinda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: