Helpful
Replies

audio stream between two ip phones and call agent

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody.

I have few questions:

1)The audio streams between two IP Phones must go through the Call Agent . Is it true ?

2)After registering, an IP Phone can make and receive calls, even if the Call Agent (CUCME or CUCM Cluster) is down. Is it true or false ?

thanks and have a great weekend

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

singhaam007
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Sarah,

As far, I know but not sure coz I am still a learner

1. As soon as call set up then audio stream will be ip to ip. It will not go through call agent.
  2. If call manger is down then you can dial only with in site but not from one site to another. Because voice gateway will come and play his part here.

Call agent just do the initial hand shake for the call and then it will be ip to ip.

Coz it happen to one our site but they was still ok with dialing with in the site.

Hope this will help.

thanks

View solution in original post

Hi Sarahr2012,

1. There are different approaches, the stream may be terminated on the callmanager (mtp) and sent to the phone or to go directly between the end points.

2. If the callmanager is down no calls can be initiated.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

singhaam007
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Sarah,

As far, I know but not sure coz I am still a learner

1. As soon as call set up then audio stream will be ip to ip. It will not go through call agent.
  2. If call manger is down then you can dial only with in site but not from one site to another. Because voice gateway will come and play his part here.

Call agent just do the initial hand shake for the call and then it will be ip to ip.

Coz it happen to one our site but they was still ok with dialing with in the site.

Hope this will help.

thanks

Thanks Singh

Hi Sarahr2012,

1. There are different approaches, the stream may be terminated on the callmanager (mtp) and sent to the phone or to go directly between the end points.

2. If the callmanager is down no calls can be initiated.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Thanks Alex