Views
Helpful
Replies

Audiocodes MP112 - SIP registration on CUCM

plillelund
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Board

I have problems getting an MP112 (Audiocodes) to register on a CUCM server. I have configured a user on the CUCM platfom, and a third party SIP device (Advanced). Assigned a new SIP security profile specifying that digest user should be used. I have tried a lot of combinations, but I am always ending up with "SIP/2.0 404 Not found" and looking deeper in the packet there is a "Invalid host or domain in To header". Local numbers are correct defined on both the CUCM and the MP112.

Has anyone of you guys tried to use the MP112 ad analog gateway, and been able to connect it via SIP to a CUCM server?

What is going on here?

3 Replies 3

You mentioned that you created a SIP profile with ‘Digest Users’ checked. However, there are additional steps involved, such as creating users, assigning the phone to a controller device on the ‘End User’ page, etc. Have you configured the phone in CUCM with an extension? Have you provided all the required information on the MP112?

Please refer to the video below, as it could help you in setting up third-party phones on CUCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amr4rZNvjg

Response Signature

Hi Nithin

I have configured af user with a local number, configured digest password and assigned the local number ti the user. And I have configured a SIP third-party phone, assigned this to the user.

Just to compare I tested at the same time with a Cisco SPA (ATA 191 in SIP edition), and that worked like a charm first time. So I do know how to configure a SIP device in CUCM.

What does the log in the phone, and the trace file on CUCM, show regarding the SIP Registration exchange? It is possible that the phone is sending the registration messages with some parameter that CUCM doesn't like. I had to do some magic to get MicroSIP to register, for instance.

Maren