Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant Phone Prompts

Phil.Garrelhas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently running a Cisco 2901 CME with CUE.

Right now, when someone calls the main line, the auto attendant picks up. We then have a series of prompts or the user can enter the extension.

When the user enters the extension (3 digits), it will cycle back to the beginning of the AA. If they enter the 3 digits followed by #, it will transfer them.

How do I force the AA to automatically forward once 3 digits have been pressed without the need for the #.

I have my *.aef script open in CUE Editor. Just want to know where that option would be set.

Thanks. 

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phil,

From Markus @ Cisco

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1086742#1086742

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Phil,

I guess you have a dial-by-extension menu, so click the properties for that step and go to the dial-by-extension part, there you have a terminating key parameter, set it to "none"

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

I can't seem to find that option. Keep in mind, I didn't create this AA.

I've attached the script. Could you take a look?

Thanks,

Phil..

In your case the terminating key is in the get digit string steps. But I think you can accomplish all of this with a customize and simpler script done by you, that way will be easier for you when making a change.

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

I changed the terminating key to "none" in the get digit string step. Uploaded the new file, but it still doesn't work.

I notice above the "terminating key" field, there is also a "input length". Currently, it's set to 15. But the maximum number of digits in our environment is 3. If I change that option to 3, will it automatically execute the forward?

Thanks,

Phil...

Yes, that is the amount of digits that the caller may dial. So set it to 3 to see if your script works.

Gabriel.

Hi Gabriel,

Still a no go. Here is a screenshot of the properties window to that section.

There you have a extended get digit string also, change there to see what happens. If that doesn't work maybe another part of the script is making this not to work, this is why I recommend to use a customize script done by you, so that way you know exactly what is happening.