Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Dial on ata 191

anzel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together

We are currently changing the Telephony of one of our customers from analog to VoIP.

We have already used the ata 191 several times and are very satisfied so far.

Now the customer has a doorbell, which is connected to the analog System.

When someone presses the button of the doorbell, a call is immediately started via the

analogue Telephone System and certain Telephones ring.

Now we want to configure this on the cisco ata 191 as well. That means when someone

presses the button of the bell, a call should be started automatically to a certain number.

Does anyone know how to do this and can help me?

Thank you for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM is a call control application, its not a software which you can run on a PC. To register ATA and make use of it  you need a CUCM , CME or a thrid party SIP provider.

Just with ATA, you cannot make this working.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Search for PLAR configuration and I’m sure you will find the needed information.

Response Signature

This should be what you’re looking for.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/plar-setting-on-analog-connected-through-ata-190-didn-t-works/td-p/2716028

Even if the url give away “didn’t work” the post is actually solved, so you should be able to follow the same and get your thing going.

Response Signature

I have seen this at my customer site who using video door bell which rings a deskphone. I can  check the configuration next week. 

Below link is about Ata plar configuration. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/ata-190-series-analog-telephone-adapters/211318-Configure-and-Troubleshoot-PLAR-for-Anal.html

Response Signature

anzel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Roger Kallberg and @Nithin Eluvathingal  for your responses.

As i can see i need "Cisco Unified Communication Manager Solution (CUCM)"
to make your solutions working.
But i do not have this. Is there a way without the call manager
to get this working?

I only have the Cisco Device and nothing else.

Thank you.

Sorry but I don’t have any information on how to operate these things without CUCM.

Response Signature

Can you tell me were i can download this Software? And how do i intergrate it to the network were the 

cisco adapter is connected? 

Are they other possibilities from cisco to make my plan working?

CUCM is a call control application, its not a software which you can run on a PC. To register ATA and make use of it  you need a CUCM , CME or a thrid party SIP provider.

Just with ATA, you cannot make this working.

Response Signature

Alright Thank you all for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: