cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACD Handoff to Extension

Nick Richards
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get my BACD script (AA+Queue) to "handoff" the call to an extension/line, rather than queue to it.

To break it down:

I have the AA service, configured with "1" as the dial-by-extension-option

I have the Queue service configured with 4 additional hunt groups (param aa-hunt2 thru 5)

When I press "1", I dial the extension and hear ringtone, then voicemail if no answer.  This is perfect...

When I press any of the 2 thru 5 options, I'm trying to forward the call to a specific department's front desk.  However, the call gets queued rather than forwarded, and I hear hold music while the destination rings.  I do not want those options to receive any queue treatment-- no hold music, no special features, just a regular forwarded call.

What it does:

If i select option 1, then dial extension 1001 I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go their voicemail.

If i select option 2 (param aa-hunt2 1001), I hear hold music and the timeout value sends me to central mailbox.

If i select option 3 (param aa-hunt3 1002), I hear hold music and the timeout value sends me to central mailbox.

What I want:

If i select option 2 (param aa-hunt2 1001), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1001.

If i select option 3 (param aa-hunt3 1002), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1002.

If i select option 4 (param aa-hunt3 1003), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1003.

If i select option 5 (param aa-hunt3 1004), I hear the phone ring and [if no answer] go to voicemail for 1004.

Is there any way to reconfigure or workaround this?  Can I hairpin a call, or invoke a service, or anything else??

Versions:

CME 8.6, IOS 15.1(4)M

Thanks in advance!

NR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned above: there is no way.

If you want an AA that you can fully control, use one on CUE.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can i have the config please ???

Regards,

sumit

service main_aa flash0:bacd_main/app-b-acd-aa-3.0.0.2.tcl
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english index 1
  param handoff-string main_aa
  param voice-mail 4500
  param dial-by-extension-option 1
  paramspace english location flash0:bacd_main/
  param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome_main.au
  param aa-pilot 1234
  param service-name main_queue
  param number-of-hunt-grps 6
service main_queue flash0:bacd_main/app-b-acd-3.0.0.2.tcl
  param aa-hunt4 1003
  param aa-hunt5 1004
  param queue-manager-debugs 1
  param aa-hunt6 1003
  param aa-hunt2 1001
  param number-of-hunt-grps 6
  param aa-hunt3 1002

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal.

With B/ACD-AA, call to hunt-groups are always queued even momentarily, and never transferred directly as with extension transfer.

However from my experience, before the timer "second-greeting", callers should hear ringback (if a phone is ringing). After that, MoH.

Callers immediately hear MoH when going into queue.  Is there a variable I'm missing to support this ring-at-first behavior?

There is no variable that I know about. It may have to do with the fact you're using an extension and not a real hunt-group.

Is there no way to invoke the same process the Dial-By-Extension option uses?

As mentioned above: there is no way.

If you want an AA that you can fully control, use one on CUE.

Paolo is right on all accounts. 

Here are my findings:

• Forwarding a call from BACD to an extension provides the same MoH as if the call were in queue.  If that call is instead forwarded to a drop-through AA with no prompt specified, the caller hears ringback instead of MoH.
  • There is only one queue service allowed per device, a fact that is difficult to find in the standard documentation.  I had multiple queues configured, but all AAs referencing secondary queue(s) instead invoked the primary queue service.

Short story: Stick with CUE if you have enough ports.

NR

Nick, thank for your appreciation.

If you're interested in working out something without buying a CUE, contact me at the address present in my profile.