cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic call queuing

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have some suggestions on configuring basic call queuing in CUCM 7.1 with Unity 7?

I have a CH with different options. Option 3 goes to a DN and if they don't answer the caller has the option to leave a message. The problem is the person that answers the calls at the DN is overwhelmed by call volume and is missing calls. I've seen some options in Unity to Supervise transfer if the DN is busy and can't answer but can't quite figure it out. Appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would just configure the supervise transfer to loop over to the same CH, the problem with Unity queuing is that users will get every minute or so a notification that they have been on queue for X time and to press either 1 to continue waiting or 2 to leave a message (can't recall if those are the actual options but they're something like that) and that cannot be disabled.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would just configure the supervise transfer to loop over to the same CH, the problem with Unity queuing is that users will get every minute or so a notification that they have been on queue for X time and to press either 1 to continue waiting or 2 to leave a message (can't recall if those are the actual options but they're something like that) and that cannot be disabled.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I believe i have this working now. I just stacked 4 calls in a "queue" and was asked several times to press 1 to continue to wait. The only problem with this is Unity says "Sorry, [pause] is on another call right now". Do you know where Unity is pulling this message from? Is there a way to add someones name in that pause?

Thanks!

It sounds like you got it working, if you record the "Recorded Voice " for the call handler you should get it instead of pause.

HTH

java

HTH

java

ok, i got the recorded voice set up. this seems to be working although Unity asked press 1 to continue holding or 2 to leave a message. when i press 2 it just replays the same message.....it should go to the owner right?