cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT - Update Line VM Profile

tpfrankli
Level 5
Level 5

Is it possible using a CSV to use the BAT tool in CUCM 7x to update the voicemail profile for a list of DNs? I can do it via query but that doesn't scale so great for 900+ lines that need to have the voicemail profile changed.

Thanks.

~~~ Rate helpful posts Blog - http://tripplehelix.net
15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why does it not scale? Do you need to assign different VM profile for different phones? If so, why is that?

You can always write a sql query to get it updated via DB.

HTH,

Chris

The issue is I have 900+ lines that are discontiguous. So I'd have to build a 900 line query in the UI all with OR statements quite repetitive vs. a CSV or SQL update. It looks like I could do a SQL update to the numplan table.

Are you assigning different profile to different phones? if not then you don't have to specify exact range just pull all of them in. If you are using different VM profiles, can you explain the reasoning behind that? Do you have multiple different voicemail systems?

Chris

That is correct I do need different profiles on different lines as we use Unity, Exchange UM, and a couple other systems. Going forward everyone is getting moved to exchange but they don't want to do a flash cut. So it's a line by line process.

Got it, then SQL query which can be pasted into CLI is the way to go, should be pretty straight forward to develop one in Excel.

HTH,

Chris

Chris can you elaborate on how this is done? I am trying to find a solution to migrate to office 365 from EUM. I have to migrate by Department. Which means that the DNs are not contiguous. Some departments are relatively small so doing the update one by one is not a problem. But some departments have over 200 staff members. It would be cumbersome to do it one by one. I have been given a CSV file that I can use. What would you suggest? 

tpfrankli
Level 5
Level 5

Looks pretty easy basically figure out the PKID of the voicemail profile I want by running:

Run sql select name,pkid from voicemessagingprofile where pkid like '%'

Then update the numplan table for the specific DN by changing the fkvoicemessagingprofile value:

Run sql update numplan set fkvoicemessagingprofile = '38b640d2-9850-a822-c01e-668d31bbeeba' where dnorpattern = '6609'

See any issues with that?

Consider not all tables are open for update through the commad line, if the numplan os able to run sql updates I dont see why not

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

What about using the following to update the vmprofile being used by specific DNs?

run sql update numplan set fkvoicemessagingprofile ='insert new pkid' where fkvoicemessagingprofile ='insert old pkid'

Out of curiosity, I tried the syntax but it didnt work..I got a respons with some numbers "25075"....

run sql update numplan set fkvoicemessagingprofile = '300000000-1111-0000-0000-000000000000' where dnorpattern = '8408'

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I hadn't tried the command, I am in the process of trying to cleanup some old config, and wanted to try and change DNs using the old VM profile to the new profile. There is no easy way to accomplish this without using a SQL update. updating lines within BAT only works on query. Is the number returned the number of lines affected?

No, the number returned must be an error code or something similar because i tried this on one extension and it didnt update it..It is not your syntaxi used, it the other one..

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I am not sure whether that table is open for update. My original reply was more of a question than a solution. Sorry if I caused you any trouble. I didnt mean to hijack the thread.

Just curious what is returned when you query using.

run sql select fkvoicemessagingprofile from numplan where dnorpattern = '8408'