Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000 and the new Flex 3 licensing system

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a BE6000 on premise. When we purchased the system 4 years ago we initially bough a 35 UWL starter pack, that we extended by another 5 Enhanced Plus licenses via SWSS.

The licensing model now has been changed and all new licenses have to be subscription based. When I go forward and order 5 Flex 3 Pro licenses, can I use them along with my 35 UWL Starter and the purchased 5 Enhanced Plus?

Currently I'm running Call Manger 11.5 on the BE6000. Is every version of the prime license manager and CUCM 11.5 able to deal with Flex 3 or do I need to be at a certain patch-level?

Also CUCM 11.5 needs to be in BE6000 mode because of the 35 Starter Pack right? This should mutually exclude smart licensing (if that is used for Flex 3)?

thx + bye

Fabian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonas Fraga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @FAST-DETECT 

What we need to have in mind is how about licensing on Flex 3 will be consumed.

I'm assumption that you has active SWSS for all of your licenses so you can use that as a credit to migration do flex. The licenses are not migrated, but brought through subscription which can be done on these models:

Enterprise Agreement:

250 Knowledge Workers (Users which will consume licenses) minimum

Better discounts and every KW will receive:

20% growth included (50 Licenses minimum)

1 UWL Standard (250 minimum)

50% of Enhanced (125 minimum received)

10% of Access (25 minimum received) (Which converts to Basic on CUCM)

Named User:

A la carte

No minimum Licenses

Choose between Professional (UWL Standard), Enhanced or Access (Basic)

For you with no growing the best will be choose named user with 40 Professional licenses (UWL) because there is no model to buy enhanced plus anymore.

You can buy licenses fo 11.5 as soon as EOL still not published, but rightly recommend upgrade to 14 and use Smart License.

As soon as BE6000 are in EOL you can use your new licenses where you want (Same BE6000 hardware or new environment).

View solution in original post

Yes it will be generated by classic licenses (PAK, PLM) which should be installed manually on CUCM.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

You can add new license with your old perpetual license. Chose the software version when configuring the Flex. Subscription license will get expired once subscription is over. 

Also CUCM 11.5 needs to be in BE6000 mode because of the 35 Starter Pack right?  if your 35 starter pack doesn't  have valid SWSS, you cannot upgrade to 12.X or 14.

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

thanks for your swift reply. We have up-to-date SWSS for all licenses. Migrating those licenses and software to 12.X or 14 is a task for a different day

So from what you are saying, every version of 11.5 can work with Flex 3 licenses? Will they be added via the Prime License Manager? 

regards,

Fabian

Yes it will be generated by classic licenses (PAK, PLM) which should be installed manually on CUCM.

Jonas Fraga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @FAST-DETECT 

What we need to have in mind is how about licensing on Flex 3 will be consumed.

I'm assumption that you has active SWSS for all of your licenses so you can use that as a credit to migration do flex. The licenses are not migrated, but brought through subscription which can be done on these models:

Enterprise Agreement:

250 Knowledge Workers (Users which will consume licenses) minimum

Better discounts and every KW will receive:

20% growth included (50 Licenses minimum)

1 UWL Standard (250 minimum)

50% of Enhanced (125 minimum received)

10% of Access (25 minimum received) (Which converts to Basic on CUCM)

Named User:

A la carte

No minimum Licenses

Choose between Professional (UWL Standard), Enhanced or Access (Basic)

For you with no growing the best will be choose named user with 40 Professional licenses (UWL) because there is no model to buy enhanced plus anymore.

You can buy licenses fo 11.5 as soon as EOL still not published, but rightly recommend upgrade to 14 and use Smart License.

As soon as BE6000 are in EOL you can use your new licenses where you want (Same BE6000 hardware or new environment).

Hello @Jonas Fraga 

thanks for your thoughts on my question. I'll have my cisco vendor calculate how they would credit the 40 existing licenses towards the subscription model and if this is financially attractive during the remaining 2yrs SWSS.

On a sidenote is it possible to directly jump from 11.5 to 14 or do need to upgrade to 12.5 and then upgrade to 14?

regards,

Fabian

For 14 you can do fresh install with data import. Install a cop file on old cluster export the data and use it while installing 14. 

https://defaultgateway.org/2021/03/05/cucm-14-fresh-install-with-data-import/

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: