cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Beep sound during call

mrfcisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Observed continuous beep sound in the middle of ‘IP Phone to PSTN’ calls. It was not a noise or distortion but like warning beeps or alarms. Could not find the exact reason, we are actively searching for the reason to avoid the same in future. Here experts have some guess for that sound please reply. If there is any option in ccm to generate such kind of sounds please let us know too. We are using CUCM 7.0, and GW 3900 series. Two different users faced the issue same time and calls had not dropped. That sound caused them to drop calls manually. Waiting for your valuable updates. Thank you !! ••J

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

No option in CUCM for this.

I believe this could be problem with PSTN provider and the PSTN is sending DTMF signals to CUCM for these calls...You wil have to check CUCM traces and see if CUCM is receiving any DTMFs during this calls from PSTN.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

# you need to collect the packet capture from the phone and gateway to find who is adding those beep tones.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Thank you Vipul & Ronak...

hi All,

May I know what is the keyword to determine if the beep sound send by PSTN ? When I search with keyword DTMF and there are number of logs.

Thanks.