cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blank Jabber call statistics

kim31
Level 1
Level 1

I will like to see call statistics on Jabber.

However, the Jabber (on windows) is not showing numbers (screen captured attached); connected via MRA.

My software versions are Jabber - 12.9.5 and CUCM - 10.5(2).

Can anyone help enlighten me?

Thanks 

kim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kim,

Please make sure that the Jabber parameter "EnableMediaStatistics" in the jabber-config.xml is set to true.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kim,

Please make sure that the Jabber parameter "EnableMediaStatistics" in the jabber-config.xml is set to true.  

For additional details on this please see this document. Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 12.9

This is the specific parameter being referenced.

image.png

Best practices would be to not set parameters in the Jabber XML or CM web UI configuration that is not changed from default values as it clutters up the configuration file/UI.

Response Signature

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That display only populates with information while you are actively on a call. When the call ends, it returns to the state that you shared in the screenshot. It doesn't accumulate statistics.

kim31
Level 1
Level 1

to summarise how i resolved, for benefit of others who may have the same problem.

• Cisco Jabber Diagnostics (crtl+shift+D) tells me the jabber-config.xml file location.
  • ssh to the CUCM/TFTP server, use "file get tftp jabber-config.xml" to send it to SFTP server.
  • edit jabber-config.xml file, <EnableMediaStatistics>true</EnableMediaStatistics> , and save as jabber-config-test.xml
  • upload edited file via CUCM OS Administration > Software upgrade > TFTP file management, and restart tftp service
  • configure device (jabber, CSF) to use modified file, under Desktop Client Settings > Cisco Support Field > value = "configurationfile=jabber-config-test.xml"

cisco jabber diagnostics.png

statistics.png