Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block calls from CUCM

Dear Team, Any idea about how to block the incoming calls directly from IVR to the extension. The calls should go through the operator department

6 Replies 6

Not very clear about what you’re wanting to achieve. Would you mind to please rephrase your question to better explain what you’re expected outcome is? If possible please outline an example, with as much detailed information as possible, as that makes it easier for us to provide you with the help needed.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,thanks for the reply. We have an IVR option in our system," if you know the extension number pls dial now".  So if any one knows the higher managment extension number they can connect to them directly. That we want to avoid. Hope my question is clear

Assume that your IVR is integrated with CM and that this integration has a CSS? If so there are two things that comes to mind. Either the CSS do not have visibility of the partition(s) where you have the numbers that you want to control access to or you create translation patterns that match the numbers you want to control access to, put these in a partition that you specifically use for just this and set the TPs to block the calls. This partition needs to be in the CSS used for the integration of the IVR, preferably at an order above the partition(s) used for other phone numbers,.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

Assume that your IVR is integrated with CM and that this integration has a CSS? If so there are two things that comes to mind. Either the CSS do not have visibility of the partition(s) where you have the numbers that you want to control access to or you create translation patterns that match the numbers you want to control access to, put these in a partition that you specifically use for just this and set the TPs to block the calls. This partition needs to be in the CSS used for the integration of the IVR, preferably at an order above the partition(s) used for other phone numbers,.

Or set the translation patterns to route calls to receptionist or assistant or whatever suits your organisation.

You didn’t specify what the IVR product is. If Unity Connection, you can also control this from the CUC side. Ensure the Call Handler is not allowing destinations not associated to a mailbox/user by unchecking “Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers”. Then, change the user mailbox Transfer Rules so they go directly to greeting instead of attempt transfer.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

I was having another think about this, initially because I don't like duplicate patterns distinguished solely by the order of Partitions in the CSS.  What I think I'd do is create a completely new Partition, and set the IVR CSS just to look there.  In that partition set a generic translation for normal DNs, and individual ones to block the appropriate specific extensions.  For example if your extensions were in the range 1000 to 1999, and your VIPs were 1010 and 1021 then you'd have three Translation Patterns ...

1010 -> block or send to reception

1021 -> block or send to reception

1XXX -> route to your directory numbers

However if your IVR is also the voicemail system, messing around with it's CSS might stop MWI working. In that case you could configure it to prefix something, for example 6. Your translations would now be 61010, 61021 and 61XXX, and obviously they'd drop the leading 6. With this configuration the IVR CSS should contain the new partition in addition to the existing one(s).