Views
Helpful
Replies

block outgoing caller ID call-by-call CUCM 8.5

Sarah Pongres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts -

Is there a way within CUCM 8.5 to block the outgoing caller ID on outgoing calls on a call-by-call basis with just one directory number?  I want to do this within Call Manager, not with our local or LD carriers.  Is there anyway to do this?  According to my research, I couldn't find anything.

Thanks much,

Sarah P                  

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can. You can use calling party transformation pattern to do this..

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Apologies, I meant that the employee only has one directory number, she doesn't want to be assigned another alternative phone number.

I won't have any of the outbound phone numbers to define specifically for this.  The employee just wants to be able to dial a feature code or a button or something that will automatically block outgoing caller ID for certain outbound calls that she makes on a call-by-call basis. 

In that case you can use a xlation pattern..

eg if the employee wants to dial 142 to block caller id on some calls..you will create a xlation pattern as ff:

142.XXXXXXXXXX(where xxxx = the pattern that will be called) On the xlation pattern you can then block the Caller ID

You will then need to strip the 142 or whatever code you use of before sending the calls to your gateway (you can just use strip digit predot)

NB...This poses a challenge beacuse you will need to configure the xlation pattern for all the possible pattern the user will dial..or you can just use a pattern like this

142.!

The only down side to that is that the user will have to wait for the interdigit timeout before the call is routed

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

great idea

many thanks for your knowledge!

salute,

Ayodejii - I have an issue where the someone from the outsdie seem to have taken over a VOIP phone line and is using it to make phone calls.  Is this possible?