Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking a specific number on a sip cube router

faghouri83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I know theres a way of blocking a specific incoming call on a cisco call manager but im not familiar with call manager at all. However I was wondering what the configuration was to block a specific call on the sip cube router instead. Has anyone done this? 

Thanks everyone

9 Replies 9

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Either you can use voice-translation rules. Create a voice translation rule rejecting the calling number, create a translation profile, referencing calling number created in rule. apply this to incoming VoIP dial-peer from the provider to block the calls.

Details here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#con11

Or use CUCM Translation rules:

Details here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/71966/blocking-calls-based-calling-party-id

-Terry

Thanks for this, 

Much appreciated 

Hi Ive just tried the config below and my call isnt being blocked. Dont know where im going wrong: 

voice translation-rule 3
 rule 1 reject /07800123456/      
!
voice translation-profile call_block
 translate calling 3      
!
dial-peer voice 1000 voip
 call-block translation-profile incoming call_block      

call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject
 incoming called-number 07800123456 

Any ideas anyone? Thanks 

Are you certain that dial-peer 1000 is the one selected on your test call?  Also, your example doesn't make sense.  You are trying to block numbers from 078000123456, but you are matching on calls TO 07800123456.  Is this just a case of using the same number substitution for different real numbers?

Chris

Hi Chris

Well spotted, sorry its meant to be: 

incoming called-number 2049..

which are the last 6 digits of the DDI range, and this dial-peer 1000 is my inbound call dial peer.  Im trying to block the number 07800123456

Thanks

I would try 'debug voip dialpeer' to make sure it is matching on this dial-peer rather than a different one.

Chris

Hi terry/Chris

The config works, It was just me being stupid. Wrong number. 

Thanks for your help guys 

Have you got it working? Just make sure to apply to all inbound dial-peers and make sure the translation rule is matching the calling number. You can do this by making a test call and doing a debug voip ccapi inout or debug voip dialpeer inout and check the numbers delivered are same as per the translation rule.

-Terry

regarding the call blocking, I've heard the is a limit of 100 numbers that can be blocked in the CUBE, is that true? If not does anyone know what the limit is?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: