cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking calls in CUCM (Beginner)

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

I am not a phone systems person. But I am IT at a small company so I end up doing most everything. I'd also like to add that my predecessor left NO documentation, things worked, so I don't try to change anything until it breaks. I am documenting everything as I go along though.

We have CM, Unity, Jabber, and Finesse running for our CSRs to answer calls in from customers. I somewhat have figured my way around CM enough to create users and get everything working for the new users. But we have been getting a lot of calls from 915.400.XXXX that is not anywhere we would have customers. So I tried to block the calls in CM with the settings in the picture but it does not seem to work. 

I know there are many posts about this but I have read them and am more confused about it. I do not know if we are H323 or MGCP or what router I would try to add the voice translation rules to. I have tried to connect to our main router but it doesn't have any voice cmds, I tried to go to the CLI of our CM and it does not have those either. 

Can someone look at my image and see what I did wrong there? Or can someone explain where I need to put the voice translation rules if that is the only way to do call blocking. 

3 Replies 3

You can find the Gateway  type from CUCM gateway page.Based on the type of gateway we can have different options.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 8.21.15 PM.png

Response Signature

AnthonySMillsIT
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like all of our gateways are H.323 Gateways. Would I need to log onto each router and put in:

dialpeer 10

voice translation-rule 200
 rule 1 reject /915400!/
 !
voice translation-profile REJECT-CALLS
 translate calling 200

Is there a reason my attached image that I setup in CUCM isn't working?

I typically do not put any configuration in Call Manager to block an incoming call it all goes in the PSTN router.  I think your config looks good, but you need to apply the profile and the call-reject to the incoming dial-peer.

Create voice translation-rule

Add rule reject /########/

Create voice translation-profile name

Assign to incoming dial-peer

call-block translation-profile incoming name

disconnect-cause

I think you need to add these 2 lines to your PSTN incoming dial-peer:

call-block translation-profile incoming REJECT-CALLS

call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject