cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One of my company 800 lines getting "your call cannot be completed as dialed message"

JacobPerez90096
Level 1
Level 1

I have a company 844-xxx-xxxx call line that is getting "your call is not able to be completed as dialed message, please check the number and try your call again". This is from external and internal company calls. 

May I please have some help with troubleshooting steps, and possible solutions please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found issue. DN given to the Telco for translations for that 800 number was assigned to another user in error. I had to unassign that DN from that user and issued a different DN. This fixed the issue.  Please see this post for more details about how 800 numbers work in CUCM.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/how-do-i-map-an-incoming-800-number-to-a-specific-dn-in-cucm-7-1/td-p/2296402

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

This is from external and internal company calls, you mean you are not able to call between extensions  and from outside when you call a DID are you  getting  the same message ?

Your extensions, is it on a partition ? did you removed any partitions from calling search space (CSS)?  Does your gateway CSS has access to extension partitions.

you can see the call flow if  RUN Dialed Number Analysis (DNA) 

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Response Signature

The toll free is directed to a ring to number.  Are internal and external callers both being routed to the toll free? Do you see calls any calls hitting your PSTN router?  I would do a debug in the router and see what if any events are occurring when calling both the toll free and the ring to number.  If no events are occurring it is a service provider issue.  Start at the beginning, your PSTN connection.

I found issue. DN given to the Telco for translations for that 800 number was assigned to another user in error. I had to unassign that DN from that user and issued a different DN. This fixed the issue.  Please see this post for more details about how 800 numbers work in CUCM.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/how-do-i-map-an-incoming-800-number-to-a-specific-dn-in-cucm-7-1/td-p/2296402

The linked to post describe how this would work in an PBX, it’s not specific to CM.

Response Signature