Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Both should ring simultaneously on incoming calls with one line

Hi, 

I am working for a customer, the customer wants to receive calls on line 12345

The user is using phone with dummy DN line like 98765 and login to this phone using him Extension mobility profile with line #12345

Now the user wants to receive calls on another new phone having line #12345.

User wants when one phone is in use and a second incoming call is presented, that second call should be able to be answered via line 12345 on the second phone.

Is this practically possible?

Is is possible to use same line at the same time on two phones (using Extension mobility on 1st phone and hardcoded line 12345 on 2nd phone)?

Will both phone rings at the same time if phone comes on this line and same line is being used at the same time on two phones (using Extension mobility on 1st phone and hardcoded line 12345 on 2nd phone)?

System version: 10.5.2.12901-1

Please advise.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cant be done,

if you set up a shared line, the presence status, i.e. 12345 being in a call, will be regarded for that extension, even if that extension is configured on two physical phones using a user device profile.

You could change the busy trigger of that 12345 to "2" to allow 2 inbound calls on that same extension.

or set up a pick up group/

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

monster.speaks
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a specific reason for this setup?
I am assuming they just want the call to be answered when his line is in use, you can easily forward the call to another extension.