Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch phones not registering on H.O. Call manager

Hi Guys,

Need your support on the below issue.

I am trying to register the new branch office phones to the head office call manager (7.1) version. At the head office there is a ASA firewall.

At the branch site router works as h.323 gateway and in CUCM its registered unger (Device>Gateway)

IP Phones get the IP address form branch local router and in Option 150 i mention 3 subscriber and first is publisher and rest 2 are subscriber as per the priority in Head office.

IP phones obtains the IP and from DHCP pool (checked show ip dhcp binding) and try to register to call manager and i looked at firewall debugging requests are coming form IP Phone ip address to publisher IP address. I added the phones manually in the publisher with appropirate device pool, partion we are using as internal for all head office and branch office phones.

At the firewall ports TCP 2000 and 80 U DP 2000,80 and 69 open.

I am unable to understand where the problem. Eventhough i made one phone as factory reset but it did not get the firmware from TFTP. I checked TFTP service is activated in call mangaer.

Ping is block through firewall so cant ping IP Phone form Call manager OS admin ping utility.

IP Phones keep showing Registration and sometime it get the data and time and some dummy extentions.Auto registration is disable

Please have a look at the attached and Further troubleshooting suggestions will be helpful.

Looking for some replys

Thanks.

28 Replies 28

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Fazal,

The first place to start is to check the status messages on the phone..What does it say? Is the tftp service enabled on the publisher

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes the TFTP service is on and phone keeps showing registering.

Shall i restart the TFTP server.

Earlier the priority for subscriber but i changed to publisher. Hope it will not effect any process.

I'd look at TFTP logs to make sure it's downloading the config file

And yes, you can try restarting the TFTP service on both servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply....Jaime

But where can i check the logs for tftp in the call manager. Is it under the CDR management ?

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The status message on the phone can be accessed from the settings. Press the settings menu, select status messages and you will see why the IP phone is not registering, this will give us an idea of what's going on

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Can anyone came the scenario when firewall is there between the communication path.

In this scenario which ports need to be open..............presently TCP 80,2000 and UDP 80,2000,69 is open.

Can firewall be a issue.

Hi,

You will have to see ports mentioned in below link and open them in Firewall.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/7_1_2/CCM_7.1.2PortList.pdf

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

The status message on the IP phone is

tftp timeout:sepa41875284c6a.cnf.xml

dns time out cisco-ot 5vsflk3

no dns server ip

can anyone tell what is the issue

the same message is there on the HO phone "no dns server IP:

but these are working fine.

Please reply

Since you are seeing tftp timeouts, your phones are not able to reach tftp server. Double check your firewall rules, make sure rules are setup correctly. To rule out firewall issue, you can also temporarily allow ip(everything) between voip subnet in question and cucm servers (specially the one specified as tftp), reboot one of the phones and see if that makes any difference.

Or you can also try to add same rule for one of hosts in data vlan, with source host as your pc connected to the phone port and destination as cucm server. Then try if you can pull the file from your pc by running from command prompt:

Tftp get SEPXXXX.cnf.xml

Although this may not be an issue if your other phones are able to pull files from tftp, but still as already suggested you can try restarting the tftp Service on the tftp servers.

DNS shouldnt be a problem as you are using ip address.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

one important point is when i try to do telnet to tftp it says cannot open but when i do same to 2000 or 80 it works

telnet x.x.x.x 2000 works

telnet x.x.x.x 80 works

telnet x.x.x.x 69 not works

even from local network at HO where every thing works fine.

Is the tftp service block on CUCM. I restarted tftp server also and its up and running

Thanks for the reply.

Fazal,

I think you should go back to the basics

1. IP connectivity. Is there IP connectivity between the phones and the tftp server

2. Do you see any drops on the firewall for traffic to the tftp server

I suggest you investigate why the phones are reporting tftp timeout. This is where the issue is. Its either an ip connectivity issue or firewall related

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Fazal

TFTP is a UDP protocol - i.e. it is connectionless. When you telnet to a port, you are basically doing a TCP handshake  - as it's not TCP, you cannot test it in this way.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Tried everything.. open the all IP  ports between ip phones and Call Manager.

Checked TFTP services on the call manager.

Ports are open on the call manager TCP 80,2000 UPD 80,2000,69

Checked the attached logs its not  blocking on the firewall

At Last uploaded the firmware on branch router and tried to upgrade from there by chaning the option 150 ip from call manager to branch router gateway but then also it did not download the firmware.

Any hints what could be the problem.....!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply......

While you have the firmware on the branch router can you send the ff debugs.

debug tftp events.

Enable the debug, then unplug one of the phones and plug it back

What is the firmware on the CUCM or the one on the branch router flash? What is the current firmware on the branch phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: