cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Brooktrout Fax Card - need help

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer with Brooktrout TR114 + 4PC card , which has 2 inbound and 2 outbound lines. Two outbound lines works fine with regular FXS line connected to VG224 with MGCP but inbound doesn't. Looks like it is little different for inbound on these cards because same outbound setup did not work, we need help from our experts we have vg224, FXO ports and 2 port DID FXS card what is the best way to connect inbound on this card so they can receive inbound faxes?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wink-start would imply you had to use an E&M interface , however with a regular FXO, try "immediate start" on the card side. The FXO will outpulse some digits to let the card know to who the fax has to go.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a TR114+uP4C that means the two incoming ports are meant to be connected to analog DID circuits.

That is, you have to connect them to an FXO port , not FXS. There is no possibility whatsoever of having an analog DID interface (also called FXS/DID) to work connected to another FXS.

Thanks Paolo for quick response. Is there anything I need to do special on the config side on FXO ports because they were saying it could be winkstart?

Wink-start would imply you had to use an E&M interface , however with a regular FXO, try "immediate start" on the card side. The FXO will outpulse some digits to let the card know to who the fax has to go.

Paolo, Thanks for helping us here. How would you configure an FXO port for immediate start? under signal type we have option for cama, LS or GS ?

I meant, on the TR114 card. Leave defaults on Cisco side.

Paolo, Okay we have changed that to "immediate" on the fax server now, what do I need on the router I have a H323 Gw to my FXO router (since fax DID's are coming through my PRI which is on anothe Gw router) I have this DP configured and voice-port config like this anything else need to be configured

voice-port 0/2/3

timeouts call-disconnect 3

timing hookflash-out 50

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 49..

port 0/2/3

forward-digits 0

prefix 49

!        

Do I need any other dial-peers on voice port config on the FXO port.?

If you want the cisco to always dial 49, that seems fine.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: