Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Insert/Update UDP BLF Buttons

Thomas-B
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to bulk edit UDP BLF Buttons for 50+ Users.

I export all UDP with all details, modify the BLF fields in that csv and uplodd it for UDP - Insert All Details.

But i get Errors for every BLF button:

Error : Missing key in referenced table for referential constraint (informix.fk_blfspeeddial_fknumplan).

When i try Bulk Administration - Validate UDP i get the errors:

Busy Lamp Field Directory Number 1(Record Number 3) 2007 Busy Lamp Field Directory Number 1 contains invalid characters.

CSV file looks like:

Busy Lamp Field Label 1Busy Lamp Field Destination 1Busy Lamp Field Directory Number 1

User 1 \+123456789 in PT-INTERNAL

I have also tested to use "\+123456789 in PT-INTERNAL" or '\+123456789 in PT-INTERNAL' but same result.

How is the correct format for BLF import?

CUCM is 12.5 SU4

Thanks,

Thomas

6 Replies 6

sslominski
Level 4
Level 4

did you ever solve this?
got about 1100 phones to be imported into new CUCM... import without BLF runs fine, but with BLFs referring to DNs in +E164 format it fails... pain!!

Hi,

On Excel, make sure that the cell where you specify the Directory number has format as TEXT.

make sure to avoid to leave blank rows above the filled ones.

Device Name Busy Lamp Field Label 1 Busy Lamp Field Directory Number 1
SEP2C01B5E7E4500 TEST666 \+56000 in Internal

Also make sure that \+56000 extension exist on your Directory numbers list on CUCM

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

sslominski
Level 4
Level 4

did all this.

my solution was to put BLF Destinations with "+49xxxx" and BLF DirectoryNumbers with "\\+49"... so I had to escape the \ in this particular CSV... seems like a bug to me

Well,

I trie the schema I sent you in a couple of CUCM version (12.5 and 14.0) and in both cases worked good.

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

While it would end up being a large file, another way to get around the Excel behavior of 'helping' us format numbers would be to open the file in Notepad++ or another text editor as a last step before uploading and making sure the numbers are in the correct format.

Even with "Text" as the Cell format, Excel has a bad habit of assuming we want it to interpret numbers for us.

Maren

good advise, we use np++ too in the last step... especially as Excel
- exports CSV with Semicolon that has to be replaced by Commas
- exports in ANSI format that has to be converted to UTF-8 (for German umlauts äöüß)