cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk update option for Directory Number descriptions?

Will M
Level 1
Level 1

Normally when we provision users, it's 1-3 as they they are onboarded, and as we configure the Mac for a physical phone and a CSF device for Webex Teams app, we update the Directory Numbers 3 fields "description", "alerting name", and "ascii alerting name".

We're onboarding a new site and have to setup 400+ users, but they will not be receiving physical phones, just Webex teams for remote. I have used a bulk file to setup all the csf devices and it works great. However I realized the DN description's were not updated as we would have normally configured that during out manual Mac/physical phone setup portion. Caller ID and all that is fine, but the bulk doesnt seem to touch the top portion of the Directory Number configuration.

I am familiar with Bulk > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines,  however this is more for setting 1 setting across multiple DN's, like the External Phone Number Mask or Voice Mail Profile.

How can I update multiple DN's but with unique entries,  like ext 2120, Description "Bobby x2120", Alerting name "Bobby", etc.

2 Replies 2

I did a webinar for Cisco last year on BAT and one example job I demonstrated was using Export-Import to customize the Description field for devices. You can use the same process (customizing different fields) to make the changes you want.

Below is a link to the webinar. What you are looking for begins at around 1:01:10.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Community Live video- CUCM Bulk Administration Tool: Practical Things You Can Use Every Day 

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: