Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk update Route partition on non contiguous DN

o.artigny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We are retiring our phones and extensions. Before we do delete them for good I would like to "deactivate" the extensions.
In order to do so I moving these to a specific route partition: P-DNtoRemove.

I will get a list of DN to remove, it will not be a contiguous set of extension.

I am looking for a way to bulk update these. We are talking about  approx 2000 extensions scattered over a range of 5000.

There is no option to update lines based on a custom file like there is for phones

CUCM 11.5

If you can think of any other way to deactivate 2000 DN's easily... I am open.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you could use SQL Query via AXL to set fkroutepartition, or use the update line call to do so natively. Both things are going to be a bit of a lift, the query maybe less so if you're just going to blind fire it into the system.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

We've used a utility called "NetPacket ReMap DNs.exe" do do in place renumbering.  It takes its input from a file which essentially contains Old DN, Old Partition, New DN and optionally New Partition, New CSS.

I can't remember where I sourced that utility but will have a look back.  I have used it on CUCM up to and including 11.5, and we used it a lot for migration to E164 a year or so ago.

Hey Tony,

Sounds promising ! I will look for this utility as well.
Thanks for the quick answer !

I will think of python script using SQL query.. 

Response Signature

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you could use SQL Query via AXL to set fkroutepartition, or use the update line call to do so natively. Both things are going to be a bit of a lift, the query maybe less so if you're just going to blind fire it into the system.

Hey Adam,
What do you mean by "use the update line call to do so natively" ?
SQL or Python are not an option for us. We do not have these skills in house.

Regards,

The AXL API includes an updateLine call that would let you update the line's assigned route partition, instead of making a database query.

I cannot think of anything else that would help, and raw database queries are going to only marginally save time over the UI depending on how your number plan is. I suppose if someone has written some sort of portable application already that can do this for you, it may be worth looking at it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: