Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Tone Doesn't sound

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I have a CUCM 10.5.2 and I didn't notice before that if two persons are in a call established and another person call one of the them this other person doesn't hear the busy tone to refer that person is in another call so he hears the normal tone when the line is available.

That thrid person who is calling can be a VoIP or a PSTN member.

How Can I Enable the busy tone ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Again going to back to my earlier post, If you want the Phone A or B to gives you a busy tone while Phone C calls, the only option in CUCM is to set the Busy Trigger configuration on the Phone A or B to 1.

Note, once your admin sets this, those phones lose the second incoming calls on their phones. This feature is really important and that gives the caller much flexibility to answer calls by holding the current calls.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Thats right. CUCM does not have any native feature to indicate the calling party that the called party is on a call or busy.

Lets say Phone A calls Phone B (on a call)

What you can do is modify the Busy Trigger on the Phone B to 1 makes the phone to get only one call at a time. The caller Phone A will hear back a Busy tone.

Other options

If you dont want to configure Phone B with Busy trigger 1, then if both phones are in the CUCM, you can configure Native presence. Then you can go to the directory and search for the user/extension. If busy then the phone icon will be "Off hook"

Native presence.jpg

Option 2 - User Jabber IM and Presence Feature. Here you can see the presence status of the user thru client

Jabber IM Status.JPG

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Hello

I know native configuration but There is not any way that The "C" Person hear a Busy Tone if person A or B are in another call?

Just like I said I never paid attention to this, now is when I am realize about this "issue".

Hi there

Nope, absolutely not an issue here. That's the way system is built. If you have a phone with multi line and your Busy Trigger is NOT set to 1, then the phone will get second call. If Busy Trigger on line is set to 1, then caller will get busy tone. 

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

I think I am not explaining good, I don't want my "C" Member Hear  this tone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU7F5qKX07w 

I want my "C" member hear that his call is sounding but in a different tone as when the A or B member is available as in VoIP and PSTN.

EXAMPLE : In a normal Escenario in PSTN when you call another person that is free your hear a specific
tone meanwhile you wait the other person answer the call, but if that other person is in another call you hear another specific tone. This is what I want on my CUCM 10.5.2. Is it possible?

So what you mean is this

Phone A >> Phone B are on a Talk

Phone C calls Phone A or B. 

If Phone A and B are busy, Phone C caller should hear "Busy Tone" while calling any of these phones

If Phone A or B are not busy (means Idle) Phone C caller should hear "Ring Tone" while calling any of these phones

Am i understanding it right ?

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Yes that is the escenario.

But in my case C member always hear that A or B member is free becuase always hear a tone as they were available and never hear "Busy Tone" or The tone that tell you that the other member is busy.

Please hear the link I sent , That is not the sound I am looking for.

Again going to back to my earlier post, If you want the Phone A or B to gives you a busy tone while Phone C calls, the only option in CUCM is to set the Busy Trigger configuration on the Phone A or B to 1.

Note, once your admin sets this, those phones lose the second incoming calls on their phones. This feature is really important and that gives the caller much flexibility to answer calls by holding the current calls.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

You are right man.
Thanks for your reply and help me

Those are controlled by locales on CUCM. From a PSTN/Telco perspective, they do that on based on what country you are calling into.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: