cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3945-CME-SRST/K9 does we need to order sepreate license for phones ?

Hi ,

I have got a BOM from cisco for a customer . I have a doubt that does we need to oreder seperate License for the phones or cme ?

ROUTER NAME : C3945-CME-SRST/K9 

DESCRIPTION :3945 UC Bundle w/ PVDM3-64,FL-CME-SRST-25, UC License PAK

SL-39-IPB-K9 SL-39-IPB-K9            Cisco IP Base License for Cisco 3925/3945       Included

SL-39-UC-K9 SL-39-UC-K9              Cisco Unified Communication License for Cisco 3900 Series Included SL-39-IPB-K9 SL-39-IPB-K9 Cisco IP Base License for Cisco 3925/3945                                                                                  Included

SL-39-UC-K9 SL-39-UC-K9 Cisco Unified Communication License for Cisco 3900 Series Included

I have around  Total 170 users with phones . If i want to buy license how many no.of license i should by is it somethink depends on phone models

as like in Callmanager Servers .

Can anybody help me out in this licenseing .

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This has been asked so many times and cisco has published documents, if you can take the time to search before asking ?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Breeze,

Legally you do require both the "Seat" and "Phone" licenses

Even with the newest ISR-G2 CME licensing scheme, Phone Licenses are Paper based RTU licenses (Right to Use).

Right to Use Feature licenses are not enforced.

The "legal" expectation is that a license will be purchased for each phone but this is still strictly "honor" based

Here is a clip that speaks to this question;

Prerequisites for Configuring Cisco Unified CME

Base Cisco Unified CME feature license and phone user licenses that entitle you to use Cisco Unified CME are **purchased.

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeover.html#wp2286954

ISR 29xx, 39xx

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10537_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9001359

Cheers!
Rob