Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Feature on CUCM10

natexiana1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Wonder if there is any feature in CUCM available that could allow a held call to be resumed or retrieved by another phone in the same call pickup group. in another words, let say we got extension A&B in the same call pickup group with BLF pickup enabled, what I want here is that inbound call to A gets picked up by B which then put the call on hold. when you user is back to A, he/she wants to retrieve the held call from the phone associated with A. So there you have the question, is there any feature on cucm that can achieve it?

Thanks,  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both previous answers are correct, there is no way to retrieve a held call unless the call is on shared line with privacy disabled.  Directed call park is probably best match but that would require allocating a button on the phones, and I don't recall if the directed park extension can be shared which is what you would need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK Call pickup will only allow you to pick the call ringing on other phone. Once the call has been answered, there is no role of call pickup group. You have to have shared DN on both the phones if you want to retrieve the held call of other phone.

Hi,

You can look for call park and directed call park features. It is independent from call pickup and pickup-group. This feature will allow extension A to park the call and then phone B will press park softkey, enter the park slot and retrieve the call.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both previous answers are correct, there is no way to retrieve a held call unless the call is on shared line with privacy disabled.  Directed call park is probably best match but that would require allocating a button on the phones, and I don't recall if the directed park extension can be shared which is what you would need.