Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All OFF is not working on 8851 2nd Line

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For Cisco 8851 phone I am able to Call Forward All for 2nd Line but I don't get the option to turn it off or Forward Off. For line 1 it's completely fine but Line 2 gives the issue.

4 Firmwares have been tried but not been able to fix this issue.

Any suggestions, ideas are welcome.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

All Cisco phones only have access to change Call Forwarding on the first line. To change/turn on/turn off Call Forwarding on the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc lines you must go to the GUI. Either administrator GUI or give the user access to the end user GUI.

Hi,

I believe that's for 7900 series phones if I am not wrong. Can you please provide the document where it's mentioned for 8800 series? Because this doesn't make any sense that why a user should be able to Forward Calls from Phone itself for 2nd line but not able to switch it off...Also, as per the user guide of 8800 series phones it is allowed "Call Forward allows you to forward calls from any line on your phone to another number".

Thanks

You are correct Vishal.  Were you able to find the solution to your issue?

Hi Nicholas,

I was advised by Cisco to install a Device pack and test it. I couldn't test it in the production environment but I did install that on Development or Lab environment and Call Forward All off was showing up. But I am not sure if it was working or not working before I installed the device pack. I should have tested before I installed. 

Anyway, try a new device pack if that helps you somehow.

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

That is pretty much a perfect answer by Kkoeper12. 

For the OP depending on your version of CUCM you can get to the user settings by pub\ccmuser or pub\ucmuser from your browser. 

You also need to make sure the end user has the correct permissions, ccm end user (if I remember it right) to get web access.