Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward ALL on the second line

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My customer has a CUCM 10.5 with Cisco 7942 phones with two lines configured. They are only allowed to forward with the primary line but not the second line. The second line CallFAll  button is graded out. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

john.welsh
Level 5
Level 5

Unfortunately this is expected behavior with that phone on CUCM.  The only line that can be forwarded from the phone is the first line.  I have heard that some SIP phones can forward other lines, but I'm not sure which ones. 

The only standard option to forward the second line on your 7942 would be to have the user log into the self service web portal and forward the line from there.

I have a few 9951 SIP phones, and you can forward the other line instances with this phone model. I have CUCM 9.1.2

I use a third party service to forward the additional lines on my SCCP phones, with the caveat being the phone will not show any indication on the display that the line(s) are being forwarded, except for the first line appearance.

Hi,

As was told by John, Cisco 79XX do not support second line forward manually on the phone but instead you can give user access to CM User Option to forward the second line via GUI.

Go to:  http://X.X.X.X/ccmuser.

Regards

CISCO 

That is not an option for many of us to do. Nor should the user have to. 

chrisgapske2
Level 1
Level 1

I want to say this is another poor choice Cisco has made in making it painful to use call manager.