cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Feature For Shared Lines (7970)

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to use the call forward feature on a shared line for a 7970 phone. The sofkey is available but is 'greyed' out for some reason.

I had a look at the softkey template and there is no option that refers to a shared line.

Surely there is a way of setting up a call forward feature from the phone rather than having to go through the cucm user admin page?

Thanks

Jamie

3 Replies 3

Which call manager version you have?

Please rate all useful posts

Call forward All is supported on shared line, I believe it has been supported on every CUCM version.

Is the button not grayed out for non-shared lines?

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jamie,

Currently  Cfwdall is only supported for Line 1 on the phone as you have  discovered. The only method available to Cfwdall Line 2 to 6 is to do it  from ccmadmin or the ccmuser web access page.  This restriction is applicable to all CCM Versions from 3.x to 9.x as  far as I know.

But........

There is a third party product that will do what you want

IPPhone callForwarder

This  new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the  call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone  callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear.  After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new  menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those  forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed.  These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can  then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/ip-phone-callforwarder/

There is a feature/bug request open for this problem CSCdr03425. This bug is still outstanding

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty