Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward not working from external call

We have some users that are working from home and have set up call forwarding. Internally, if you call the extension, the call gets forwarded.

From the outside, if you dial their direct number, the call does not get forwarded.  After looking at the traces, I realized that cucm is taking that external caller ID number and sending it to the PRI.  Our ITSP i is dropping the call because its not part of our D.I.D.

I can call our carrier and have them allow all calls out thru the PRI whether or not its in our number range.  Or, there is a setting in CUCM that I can change and any outbound call will just be 1 number, say our main number.  I just can't remember where this is at.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

wkyuen.ricky1
Level 1
Level 1

another method is to set a calling party transformation rule for the outgoing call. If the calling party is not your internal number, then transform them to your general line number.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nabelsi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can go to the GW --> open the PRI port used in this call --> Change the Calling Party Selection to "Last Redirect Number" --> Apply & Reset.

Do another test call and check if the call if being forwarded or not.

Possibly you could add a diversion header to the call to your ITSP that contains a DN from your DID range for them to allow the call.

Response Signature

wkyuen.ricky1
Level 1
Level 1

another method is to set a calling party transformation rule for the outgoing call. If the calling party is not your internal number, then transform them to your general line number.