cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding to unity connection issue

ra2246
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where a customer has all calls coming into a receptionist. They also have a "ring all" hunt group configured. When the receptionist is away from her desk, she forwards all calls to the ring all hunt group.

They have asked that the ring all hunt group go to a call handler when unanswered.  The issue I am having is when the receptionist forwards the calls to the ring all group, and no one answers within the group, the calls hit her mailbox instead of the call handler in unity. I understand why this is happening, but is there a way to get around this and have the missed calls hit the call handler?  Here is a list of what all I have tried:

I have tried creating a new voicemail profile with a mask of the hunt group 751052 and applying it to a DN built that forwards to the call handler

I have tried creating a routing rule stating anything from the 751052 hunt group, send to the call handler

I have tried setting the no answer from the hunt group to a DN forwarded to voicemail (602)

I have tried setting the no answer from the hunt group to a *602 which is the call handler extension

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried changing the "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" from default to (first) to last by ticking the tickbox..

You will find this under Advanced>conversation

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried changing the "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" from default to (first) to last by ticking the tickbox..

You will find this under Advanced>conversation

I have not!  Let me look into that. That will change globally though, right? Which I guess isn't that big of an issue.

Yes its global. What is happenin is that when calls hit unity connection, by default the CLI presented depends on this parameter. If its the First redirecting number which is the default, then its the receptionist number that is presented and since the user has a voicemail, it goes to their vm box. If you chsnage it to last, then it should use the last number to redirect ie vm huntgroup pilot..and you can configure your call routing rules based on this

RIght.

After I make this change (assuming that resolves that issue) if I have the receptionist forwarding her phone to the ring all hunt group, and the forward no answer of the hunt group going to 602 (which is my call handler in unity), will the call go to the call handler as is, or will I have to configure a routing rule?

And shouldn't the forward no answer of the hunt group follow the *602 directly to the call handler, or will I have to create a dn of 602 set to forward all to voicemail and then forward the hunt group to that DN?

That depends on how you're treating 602 in configuration.

Let say 602 is voice mail pilot where hunt group calls are forwarded, in that case first redirecting number will be receptionist number and last redirecting number will be hunt pilot number. Since you will set in Unity to use last redirect number to route the calls, either you need to have forward routing rule matching hunt pilot number and route to desired call handler OR configure hunt pilot as extension number in desired call handler.

If 602 is not voicemail pilot and configured as DN or CTI RP and configured with CFA to voicemail, then last redirecting number will now be 602 (instead of hunt pilot). Now instead of matching forward routing rule OR extension number (under call handler) with hunt pilot, that is to be matched with 602.

- Vivek

It's working. Last number redirect checkbox resolved the issue. For the hunt forward no answer, I set it to *602 which is the ext of the call handler.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for updating us back.

- Vivek