cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler transfer to a greeting?

snared04drummer
Level 1
Level 1

I have an existing Call Handler configured for a department in my company.  The head of that department would like to create a temporary greeting message for the holidays that, when a number is dialed from the original call tree (3 in this case), the holiday hours are relayed to the caller in a message.  I know I could set the schedule and do it that way, but he wants the caller to be able to have that information relayed to them via Caller Input.  

Thus far I have tried to create a second Call Handler with that message recorded to it, and have it transfer to the new Call Handler when 3 is pressed on the original Call Handler, but it surrounds the greeting with the typical:

"Sorry <Plays greeting> is not available, if you'd like to leave a message... etc"

Obviously that's not desirable.  Can someone point me towards the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's because you recorded a recorded name, not a greeting. It should be "Sorry John Doe is not available..." where John Doe is the recorded name.

Delete that call handler, and re-create, BUT this time actually record what you want them to hear under GREETINGS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you have the following:

Main_CH - caller input 3 --> Holiday_Message_CH?

On Holiday_Message_CH, is transfer rule set to go to StandardGreeing? How is the Standard Greeting configured, is it set to play personal recording?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's because you recorded a recorded name, not a greeting. It should be "Sorry John Doe is not available..." where John Doe is the recorded name.

Delete that call handler, and re-create, BUT this time actually record what you want them to hear under GREETINGS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate