cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 8.5 Subscriber can't access outside lines from 2921 Voice Router

Lynn Hedspeth
Level 1
Level 1

Publisher CM works fine, but when the Subscriber takes over there is no access to outside lines from the 2921 Voice Router.

The Subscriber CM is syncing with the Publisher CM OK. 

CM 8.5

2921 Voice Router at site.

2 PRI Lines, plus 5 pots lines in the 2921

I accidentally stumbled on this issue yesterday doing some routine testing. This may have been this way since the original install 5 years ago.

I feel like it is an issue in the 2921. I am only seeing Dial Peer Session Targets to the Publisher CM IP Address. No entries to the Subscriber CM IP Address.

Thanks for any assistance.

Lynn Hedspeth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am only seeing Dial Peer Session Targets to the Publisher CM IP Address. No entries to the Subscriber CM IP Address.

Assuming you're using H.323 or SIP dial-peers, that statement obviously explains why inbound calls aren't working: the router doesn't know that the subscriber even exists. It also explains outbound calls if the router is on 15.1(2)T or newer due to the toll-fraud prevention feature added in that release. You need to add a dial-peer for the subscriber.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lynn,

Are you talking about inbound call or outbound calls.

JB

Inbound and Outbound both are dead on the PRI lines. Everything is fine when the Publisher CM is up.

I didn't mention this in my original post, but I am not sure about the pots lines. They are all routed outside our building. I will have to wait until after hours to retest those.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am only seeing Dial Peer Session Targets to the Publisher CM IP Address. No entries to the Subscriber CM IP Address.

Assuming you're using H.323 or SIP dial-peers, that statement obviously explains why inbound calls aren't working: the router doesn't know that the subscriber even exists. It also explains outbound calls if the router is on 15.1(2)T or newer due to the toll-fraud prevention feature added in that release. You need to add a dial-peer for the subscriber.