Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco phone 7821 functionality missing

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have installed few phones in a new branch site. Phones are missing functionality like pickup, cfwoff, Fac code and firmware is not upgrading.

CM 11.5

VG srst 2901

Please advise the troubleshooting .

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Waqas,

What is the current firmware on these phones and which firmware are you trying to upgrade to? Is there a device pack installed on this CUCM cluster? Is there any other 7821 on any other site that works well?

Manish

Hi Manish,

Yes, we have 7821 on other sites  and working fine.

Active Load ID: sip78xx.11-5-1-18
Inactive Load ID: sip78xx.11-0-1-11

I installed cmterm-78xx.11-7-1-17.k3.cop.sgn on Pub and first subscriber, but phone are showing rejected and not upgrading. Phone are registered on second subscriber that still have 11.5 firmware for 7821.

the device pack needs to be installed on all the nodes in the cluster followed by a cluster reboot ( if adding support for any new device ) or TFTP service restart ( if just upgrading the existing firmware of IP phones ).

Manish

Hi Manish,

I have upgraded one phone in HQ and working perfectly.

I think , if i install devicepack on second subscriber server then all phones on new site will start showing rejected. thats why i am not installing anymore.

Hi Manish,

Firewall team already checked and everything seems fine. Any specific ports need to open for missing functionality?

Please concentrate on one thing first. If the device pack has been installed on the cluster then make sure it is installed as per the recommended procedure in one of my previous emails. Once it is properly installed followed by a cluster reboot and the issue persists then see what are the issues that remain. If firmware is not being upgraded , fix that first by taking packet captures from IP phone and corresponding logs from cucm. If firmware is fixed and issues with features remain then work on fixing one feature at a time. To keep the post relevant it is expected that the previously suggested tasks are completed before moving to the next step.

Manish